Topic: spread allow to tread or close all

hi all, is there any mehton restrict spread?
i need a condition if spread is bigger than XX number, my position should close or not open any opsition.
By the way, I also look for a indicitor that point out double top.
could anyone help me out please.thx

Re: spread allow to tread or close all

Yes, there is, it won't close open positions though - > https://forexsb.com/repository/reposito … -level-pro

Spread Level Pro Indicator , by Popov does the job .
I am using it in DEMO  mode .
It does the job and is working fine.

The problem  with the indicator Spread Level Pro is that works great in FSB , but at the time of running a back test it does not allow the EA to kick signals.

So it could work in theory but in real life may not , since it disable the EA ability to send signals.

but at the time of running a back test it does not allow the EA to kick signals.

The backtest in FSB Pro, EA Studio and MT calculates with a fixed spread. For that reason, the indicator has a meaning in the live trade only.

So, it is save to use it real time trading to  avoid  the EA to take  any signal with a Spread over the limit set? .

The rule applies for entry and exit signal in equal manner ?

Is this the only exception in terms of EA not running wit back-test but running in live trading on MT4.?

> "Is this the only exception ..."

There are no exceptions. "Spread Level Pro" is an ordinary indicator. It calculates its values and rises signals at every bar.

for example, let's have 10 points spread.
If you set "Spread Level Pro" to allow trading when the spread is higher than 9, it will be satisfied and allow all entries for the other indicators. However, if you set it to trade only when the spread higher than 12, it will prevent all entries simply because the indicator condition will not be satisfied. This behaviour is valid for every indicator.

The "Spread Level Pro" indicator is useful only in live trading because the spread usually changes. The indicator will allow entries when its logical condition is satisfied. It may be satisfied for some entries and not satisfied for others because the market spread can be different. On the other hand, during backtesting the spread is constant. The effect from that is that the indicator's logical rule will be either satisfied or not satisfied for every entry for the backtest.