Topic: 8 FST instances - MT4 crashing without error message

I run 8 FST instances - MT4 crashing without error message. It just closes. After that I need to delete all the global variables in MT4 using F3 and connect 8 FST again. Do you have similar problems? Or I run too many instances at once?

Re: 8 FST instances - MT4 crashing without error message

sorry to here that, did you check for any errors in Windows Event Viewer?
did you have enough memory on the server? What OS do you run on? What .Net version?
I suggest you have always a fresh backup of your set up to roll it back quickly,
I do this, delete all *.log, *.fxt, *.hst files and then zip them up and store for emergency.
it is a way around, but better then nothing.

I have experienced same issue if I run up to 10 FST. FST is quite stable with 5-6 instances of FST.

fxwinner wrote:

did you have enough memory on the server? What OS do you run on? What .Net version?
I suggest you have always a fresh backup of your set up to roll it back quickly,
I do this, delete all *.log, *.fxt, *.hst files and then zip them up and store for emergency.

Thanks for the suggestions - I will just decrease number of FSTs - it is not worth the time.

I added to the wish list to run multiple strategies from one FST instance. If it helps.

Later: oops, I added and then deleted as this was requested already:
http://forexsb.com/forum/post/5284/#p5284

acharyadas wrote:
fxwinner wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions - I will just decrease number of FSTs - it is not worth the time.