forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Tickstory or Broker Data

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Tickstory or Broker Data

Hello Miroslav.
I ask you an answer to the following:
I've been using FSB and EAStudio for several years now.
Have developed a lot with the data from the broker and for about 1 year now with data from Tickstory.
I feel that the broker data strategies developed are much better and, above all, last much longer than any strategy developed with tickstory data.

Can you give me a hint or an explanation? I always thought with the right tickstory data you have the best data ever. But now I am completely confused by my experiences.

Thanks, Marcus.

Re: Tickstory or Broker Data

Soon it will be easier to compare the results. I'm almost ready with the new data feed. It will provide DukasCopy data (same as TickStory) directly in FSB Pro and EA Studio. 

I'll provide first these symbols: AUDUSD, EURCHF, EURGBP, EURJPY, EURUSD, GBPUSD, NZDUSD, USDCAD, USDCHF,
    USDJPY, XAGUSD, XAUUSD, BTCUSD, ETHUSD, DE30, USA30

It will have a possibility to set the time zone and to customize the spread, swaps, and other params.
I expect to have a similar quality of strategies generated. We will see if will be necessary to continue importing own data or the provided data feed with the corresponding settings will be good enough.

Anyway, if we search for a perfect backtest match, we must use the broker's data.

Thank you for the information.
The big question for me right now is, independent backtest, which data is now better for live trading. The own broker data or the dukas / tickstory data.
I am uncertain at the moment.

If the backtest results are similar, use these that are easier to import. On the other cases, use the broker's data.

Okay,
in EAStudio is similar.

In FSB Pro i use better Broker Data. The Backtest in FSB Pro and MT4 are totally different.

wow @popov thats a great news..it will be a big think.. so for now i update every week my tickstory data and it cost much time. also sometimes dukascopy data come with errors or a bad chart.

did you build it like you get every day the newest data...so we can everytime use these with the newest data,

@ratampla i have worked a lot with tickstory to get the best data..

. First you have to run their script on your broker to get the symbol informations like from your broker.
2. I export data...load the information file..set spread to 100 (10pips)
3. Export the file
4. When ready exported file open the mt4 with tickstory. And now you have to check if your chart looks good.
Often you download the data but get a very bad chart. It is mostly when you use more symbols at same time.
5. When you got it import to eastudio

So when it all done.. I have checked my Eas with 10 different Brokers and have 99% the same results. Also here you have to check if your broker have so much history data available!!! When not download manually Tools->HistoryCenter.

But there are brokers with only 1 Year of backtest data..

so for now i update every week my tickstory data and it cost much time.

Yes, my exact purpose is to make a much easier and convenient alternative of TickStory.

Roughey wrote:

wow @popov thats a great news..it will be a big think.. so for now i update every week my tickstory data and it cost much time. also sometimes dukascopy data come with errors or a bad chart.

did you build it like you get every day the newest data...so we can everytime use these with the newest data,

@ratampla i have worked a lot with tickstory to get the best data..

. First you have to run their script on your broker to get the symbol informations like from your broker.
2. I export data...load the information file..set spread to 100 (10pips)
3. Export the file
4. When ready exported file open the mt4 with tickstory. And now you have to check if your chart looks good.
Often you download the data but get a very bad chart. It is mostly when you use more symbols at same time.
5. When you got it import to eastudio

So when it all done.. I have checked my Eas with 10 different Brokers and have 99% the same results. Also here you have to check if your broker have so much history data available!!! When not download manually Tools->HistoryCenter.

But there are brokers with only 1 Year of backtest data..

Thx Roughey,

i msg you PM in German, it is better for me smile

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Tickstory or Broker Data