forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Maximum strategies per MT4 platform

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Maximum strategies per MT4 platform

I currently am only running 100 strategies (1 portfolio with 100 strats) per Mt4 as i thought i remembered reading on here somewhere that to many strats trying to open at the same time might cause execution issues.  I was wondering if people were running more than 100 and if they are finding any issues.  Ideally I would like to run 300 - 500 strats per platform 3 - 5 portfolios x 100 strats).

Thanks

Re: Maximum strategies per MT4 platform

I'm not sure is there a limit to install EA on MT4, but I'm sure there is a limit in computer RAM and processor power. There is other limitation ---- max number of pending and open position allowed by the broker. I'm using SPAM cent account, they allow max 200 pending and open position at any time. However, in my experience, I have 18 EA installed on a MT4 and there are 190 strategies on those EA. Those strategies are generated under M5 data. The max positions opened are 120 according to my observation. Some accounts don't have this limitation. So in this case, it's up to your machine power.

Seems that my broker allows 250 open positions per account but I guess I need to know if that is a problem from an execution point of view from having that many strategies

For me, I think I will get 3 demo account from the same broker, then I'll install 220 EAs on demo account 1 (for my case), 110 EAs on demo 2, 50 EAs on demo 3. I'll let them run on a vps for one whole week then only compare the execution time to check for delay. Those 50 EAs on demo 1 have to be included on demo 2 and 3. The other 60 EAs on demo 2 have to be included on demo 3.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Maximum strategies per MT4 platform