forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Help and Support → Dedicated machine for EA Studio

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Dedicated machine for EA Studio

Dear Miroslav,

I wonder if you be able to advise on something for me?

I have contacted some suppliers of custom made PC's and asked for a price on a desktop machine which has been built purely for the purpose of running the Reactor on EA Studio, and trading the EA's generated from it on MT5.

I asked for the machine to be as powerful as possible for these tasks alone, given that I set some fairly demanding acceptance criteria, and the program will have to work hard to find reliable strategies.

They have asked me if there is a particular specification that I need for EA Studio to run as efficiently as possible, and I thought you might be the best person to answer that question!

Please could you let me know the best spec for a dedicated PC?

Many Thanks,
Simon

Re: Dedicated machine for EA Studio

EA Studio works well on any modern computer.  I suggest you take minimum 8 GB of RAM and an Intel i7 processor with as higher frequency. However, the best performance depends on teh browser. Currently, V8 JS Engine is teh fastest one, Chrome or similar browser is the fastest. You can also be careful to run EA Studio instances in separate browser windows. The running copies must be maximum the count of cores - 1 (including the virtual cores).

Thank you Miroslav, I have passed this on to the suppliers smile

Hello again Miroslav,

Regarding cores, are you saying that if I wanted to run three Reactors at once, I would need three cores, four Reactors/ four cores, and so on?

And would any additional graphics card be needed?

Many Thanks,
Simon.

5 (edited by ViniQ 2019-11-12 14:00:32)

Hello Simon

Regarding cores, are you saying that if I wanted to run three Reactors at once, I would need three cores, four Reactors/ four cores, and so on?

Right. EA Studio runs in google chrome. Google chrome can use 1 core for a open page when performing calculations for a optimal performance.

How you can use the maximum?
Open "X" Ea Studio instances and spread it through windows virtual desktops tabs.

There is no limits, you can also open 20 EA Studio instances and run at your "4 cores" computer. It will be very slow.

And would any additional graphics card be needed?

All numeric optimization is done in the processor. There is no need investing in external graphics card yet.

Personal Tip

Simon last year I had bought X computer's for mining strategies. I have a point to share.

My suggestion is don't waste money on latest tech yet.

There is many opportunities for older generations of I7 processors that do the task very well!

Eg: Check it out at cpubenchmark dot net
NAME | Price
Intel Core i7-4790 @ 8 x 3.60GHz | $174.99
Intel Core i7-9700 @ 8 x 3.00GHz | $349.99

https://i.imgur.com/3nAdXdV.png

Significant metric is "Single thread performance".

Old generation (I7 3+ gen) still fast and furious!
Single thread performance and max cores is what we need.

I can suggest "facebook market" for find products with a bargain price.
That's what I did, it was a great choice for me.

Hope you the best. Cheers.

Vinicius Pereira, Portuguese Support.
Improve your trading with my strategies & signals on MQL5. High success rate & many followers. Check them out & join my EAS telegram group for updates.

ViniQ wrote:

How you can use the maximum?
Open "X" Ea Studio instances and spread it through windows virtual desktops tabs.

There is no limits, you can also open 20 EA Studio instances and run at your "4 cores" computer. It will be very slow.

Thanks for your advice on this Vini, when you say
"you can also open 20 EA Studio instances and run at your "4 cores" computer. It will be very slow.",  do you mean that this would be the alternative to opening 20 instances of EA Studio in separate Windows Virtual Desktops?

20 instances of EA Studio in separate Windows Virtual Desktops would work faster than having 20 instances of EA Studio in separate Chrome browser windows in a single Windows session?

ViniQ wrote:

Old generation (I7 3+ gen) still fast and furious!
Single thread performance and max cores is what we need.

And does this mean any I7 processor with 3+ GHz?

Could I use the search term "Intel Core i7-4790 @ 8 x 3.60GHz" on Facebook marketplace and be fairly sure that the machines that show up would be suitable? Any specifications I should avoid?

I'm now thinking that two laptops could work quite well, if bought 2nd hand at a low price...

Thanks,
Simon

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Help and Support → Dedicated machine for EA Studio