Topic: only one pass

Hi,

is it possible to make an ea that will make only 1 pass. I mean: I start it manually, it starts trading when the signal has the right paramaters, tp and stops (until I start it manually again). Or how is it possible to leave/stop an ea when it has finished its trade?

Best regards

Christine

2 (edited by hannahis 2019-11-01 11:24:30)

Re: only one pass

Hi Christine,

From my knowledge, there is no such option in EAS or FSB Pro.

However, you can use eternal EA such as trade manager to close when your account/strategy reached your daily profit or loss.  Or limit the number of open trades by the max lot size allowed to trade per account. 

You can also search for other Risk management methods/Expert as an additional add on for your overall trade management.

In Fxblue Copier function (Receiver mode) you can use the Account Management option and choose "Max Trade(s) Per Day"  https://www.fxblue.com/appstore/2/mt4-p … ade-copier

So you can install your Strategy in a demo account and copy trade it to your live account using the Fxblue Copier. 

In the Receiver Copier, it allows you to determine the Max lot and Max trades trade per day and many other options.  *See the attached file for an overview of the other options available.

If you are afraid that your EA keeps trading non stop, you can also use the Max Losing Trades per Day option.  This is a good option if your EA is win most of the time, so why not keep it running till it hit the max number of losing trades you can tolerate per day.  In this case, you don't stop your EA prematurely but stop trading only if it loses 1 trade a day but keep trading if it is winning all the time. 

Nobody wants to stop a winning strategy from trading, most people want to stop a losing strategy from trading and hence, this option allows you to stop EA when it is not performing up to your standard or expectations.

The whole idea of algo trading is to search for trading opportunities round the clock (something manual traders don't have the luxury to do, sitting in front of the computer 24hrs, waiting for opportunities to come).

So if you are looking to use algo or EA, you might as well maximize your opportunities instead of finding ways to limit your EA with only 1 trade and manually re-start it again.  Otherwise you might as well go back to manual trading and use pending orders etc.

Post's attachments

fxblue max trade per day.png 89.63 kb, 1 downloads since 2019-11-01 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hi Hannahis,

thanks for your long reply & ideas. My trades are longer: 1 week up to a month. The EA waits until the right parameters are reached, then starts the trade and stops at tp (or perhaps 1 times per year at sl).

"Playing" around with the FSB, I think it's more secure make longer trades with more money.

4 (edited by hannahis 2019-11-02 06:38:25)

christine wrote:

Hi Hannahis,

thanks for your long reply & ideas. My trades are longer: 1 week up to a month. The EA waits until the right parameters are reached, then starts the trade and stops at tp (or perhaps 1 times per year at sl).

"Playing" around with the FSB, I think it's more secure make longer trades with more money.

Hi Christine,

There is nothing secure in Forex.  It's all about probability

Longer trades need larger SL margin (holding power when trade goes against you) and less trade counts.

Shorter trades need lesser SL allowance and more frequent trades.

The time you wait for the "right" moment to trade is called Opportunity Cost.

Opportunity Cost is often not factored in some traders mind because they only think how much the EA make or lose.

Whenever the EA is not trading, it loses the opportunity to make money too.  This is the cost we also need to factor in by comparing 2 different trading style.  Shorter term vs Long term.

If you compare an EA that trade once a year and another EA that trade many time in a year, the question is which EA will have higher total returns at the end of 1 year?

sure it's about propability. For me it's important to know how many USD/Day a strategy makes over at least 1.5 years (with about 0.5 Mio bars). I had only good results in backtesting with longer trades. I've the master in experimental physics, a big part there is "analysis".

In Pro it is simple - use Enter Once indicator with preferred settings.