forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Help and Support → Does Time to Export Data from MT4 Matter?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Does Time to Export Data from MT4 Matter?

I found that the time to export data from MT4 will affect the strategy generation. If I export data during market time, the spread are lower, more strategies will be generated and the strategies will have higher net profit. The spread tends to be higher when the market close time is approaching. So, If I export data after market is closed, the spread will be higher and less strategies will be generated.

I understand that the spread used to generate strategies is fixed. That is not a big problem, because at the end, we have to test the strategies first on demo account or cent account to validate their profitability.

However, I checked the spreads in .json file for several pairs. I find out that some pairs have ridiculous spread, for example AUDJPY 60 points, AUDUSD 70 points, GBPUSD 120 points. 10 points = 1 pip. Normally, I will export the data on Saturday morning and use them to generate strategies. I on my desktop computer for straight 48 hours non stop. Then, I test the generated strategies on demo account. After a few weeks only I realized the problem of spread. No wonder sometimes the reactor can generate dozens of strategies but sometimes, only egg I got.

To counter this problem, I can just change the spread manually and the problem is solved.

I'm writing just for self-blaming. Sorry for my grumbling. I subscribe to monthly subscription, with 98 Euro per month, it's about 24 Euro per week or about 110 Malaysia Ringgit. It's quite pain for my wallet to not generating any strategy during my golden weekends.

I'm on my second month of EA Studio testing period and I'm still on my learning period and still searching for a way to make profit in forex. It's very interesting to generate strategies with EA Studio. I believe I'm closer to making profit in forex by using EA Studio than guessing around, testing own strategies or subscribe to PAMM, MAM, signal or whatever that exist. I think I will purchase the lifetime account next month. Cheer!

Re: Does Time to Export Data from MT4 Matter?

You can always set the spread manually in points when you run the Data Export script.

Re: Does Time to Export Data from MT4 Matter?

Yes, I just learnt that.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Help and Support → Does Time to Export Data from MT4 Matter?