forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Strategy results change dramatically with different lot size

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Strategy results change dramatically with different lot size

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has found a reason as to why strategy backtesting results and Monte Carlo results change dramatically when you change the lot size. Ie I created a collection trading 0.01 lots, in EA Studio I changed the lot size to 1 lot and found a lot of strategies go from being profitable with promising stats to unprofitable and the backtest results is dramatically different. I was expecting the results to be the same however the decimal points of wins and losses would change ie instead of making 100 profit it would make 10,000

Re: Strategy results change dramatically with different lot size

Most probably the strategies lose money at the beginning of the backtest. With the larger entry amount they go to Margin Call and cannot recover.

You may try to increase the Account amount 10 or 100 times to give the strategies room to develop with the larger entry amount wink

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Strategy results change dramatically with different lot size