forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Add more "Search Best" options and multi-parameters optimization.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Add more "Search Best" options and multi-parameters optimization.

Hi there, as the title say it would be nice to have more "Search Best" options on the "Generation Settings", I think we should be able to optimize the strategy for any parameter we get on the "Account Statistics" section, what I mean is we should be able to optimize for "Net balance" or "Annualized profit" but also be able to optimize the strategy to get more "Executed orders" (aka number of trades) or for "Profit per day", also would be nice to be able to select multiple parameter the strategy should optimize, for example combining "Net Balance" and "Executed orders" should make the strategy prioritize parameters that yield a higher number of trades it makes and that at the same time also increases the total profit it makes. Another example would be for example if we want to optimize the strategy combining "Net balance", "Profit per day" and "Executed orders", this would make the strategy find parameters that yield a higher number of trades and profit per day which should be nice for some of us who want to make a lot of daily trades and stay the least time possible in a position. Hope this can be implemented as its something that would be useful.

Re: Add more "Search Best" options and multi-parameters optimization.

I think FSB pro offers this option for the user but not sure how to do it.

Im pretty sure there is not a way to improve multiple goals or multiple "search best", what Im asking is for something similar to what `StrategyQuant X` has, its called Weighted Fitness or Multiple Goals, here is a screenshot:
https://i.imgur.com/DTljg7O.png

What it does is it allows you to set a weight for each parameter you want to optimize.

4 (edited by D5QM54S7 2019-09-16 10:30:17)

If I am not mistaken the past year I suggested a simple update which for me is fundamental: the introduction of OHLC analysis. I believe it was not taken into consideration. FSB goes fast and never crashes but for my case it is not good anymore (I first program by hand), for those who use indicators it's fine. Asking a developer to emulate another software is not good, we should improve what Popov has built with simple suggestions because FSB does things that other software don't do. The problem is that I do not understand what direction it is taking. p.s. I appreciate your idea.

D5QM54S7 wrote:

If I am not mistaken the past year I suggested a simple update which for me is fundamental: the introduction of OHLC analysis. I believe it was not taken into consideration. FSB goes fast and never crashes but for my case it is not good anymore (I first program by hand), for those who use indicators it's fine. Asking a developer to emulate another software is not good, we should improve what Popov has built with simple suggestions because FSB does things that other software don't do. The problem is that I do not understand what direction it is taking.

Sorry if my comment seemed like I was telling Popov to emulate another software, that was not my intention, I just wanted to show how this feature I was requesting would look like, also its not something specific to any particular software, its just something basic to hyperparameter optimization which is something FSB does to give you the best strategy on the generator and also to give you the best parameter when you optimize a strategy.

Yes, I understood. I for example never use the optimizer but I keep the "raw" strategies. We are all different, each with his own ways of trading. What I wanted to say is that this software (and also EA studio) must take a very specific direction: currently those who use OHLC can no longer work on it, those who use the indicators cannot optimize them in the best ways.

7 (edited by ViniQ 2019-09-17 05:05:53)

@Tukirito weighted fitness goal is an reasonable idea, do a simple search on the forums you will see that you are not alone. I've proposed it several years ago, as Geektrader and others experienced users.

The response I got from the boss itself (Popov) was:

We already have the best metrics available to provide the user experience. It can sound like a reasonable idea but the effort's to rewrite our software base to satisfy 1% of users is not worth it!

Maybe with half a dozen licensed members asking for it, Popov change his mind about the feature implementation.

Cheers

*Edited: Tukirito is an Licensed Member, You're welcome.

Vinicius Pereira, Portuguese Support.
Improve your trading with my strategies & signals on MQL5. High success rate & many followers. Check them out & join my EAS telegram group for updates.

@ViniQ Trading is a job, not a hobby, you can't tell a person buy software for love. We are not joking. Popov is a great programmer but he is working on too many projects, this will not bring improvements. What you are suggesting I did years ago so I know what I'm talking about

9 (edited by ViniQ 2019-09-17 05:04:41)

D5QM54S7 wrote:

@ViniQ Trading is a job, not a hobby, you can't tell a person buy software for love. We are not joking. Popov is a great programmer but he is working on too many projects, this will not bring improvements. What you are suggesting I did years ago so I know what I'm talking about

Don't EVER think I'm fooling with you or any licensed member.
We are not joking around, fsb is a software company not our hobby.

D5QM54S7 wrote:

Popov is a great programmer but he is working on too many projects, this will not bring improvements

Last 2 month's at least 17 updates to EAS source code.
I can't show details, it's all under the hood improvements as refactoring for speed and minor fixes.

Yes we are working on a new project to include into EAS as well wink

Thank you for showing some love in the past!
Thank's to people like you this project keeps evolving.

Believe me the project is alive and well.

With gratitude. Vinicius Pereira

Improve your trading with my strategies & signals on MQL5. High success rate & many followers. Check them out & join my EAS telegram group for updates.

10 (edited by D5QM54S7 2019-09-16 18:25:41)

With respect ViniQ: if you are a developer what do you develop and above all for those you develop? Speed improvement what do they do if the software does not allow me to effectively validate all strategies (for example by delaying entries / exits)? quant know that increasing the number of tests means approaching 100% probability that a strategy passes all the tests without being good.
The markets change and I am sure that for programmers it is a serious problem to update everything, also the operating systems change and much more. I bought FSB many years ago and what I saw was new projects, but these new projects don't implement big improvements and you have to buy a license for every alternative. It must be the software that attracts the traders not the hope of an update otherwise the clientele will not be good but we must not complain then. This software lacks a lot of optimizations and even the indicators are few but for me it's good! Finally, a software that has no thousand buttons and possibilities! Furthermore, the portfolio test is very fast and works great -> why not continue on that path and differentiate? The addition of OHLC analysis would attract people like me but it is useless if there are no tests to verify the robustness. But they are your corporate policies and nobody can get into it.
With respect

11 (edited by ViniQ 2019-09-17 05:44:26)

D5QM54S7 wrote:

With respect ViniQ: if you are a developer what do you develop and above all for those you develop?

It is my fault for not introducing myself to the community properly. No offenses taken.

I'm 30 years old, from Brazil, working full time to make this software the best analytic tool possible.

I've contributed to any page of the user guides of Expert Advisor Studio Wiki or EAS Academy;
Portuguese language author;
Brazil country manager and FullStack developer with JavaScript expertise. This is the programming language used by EAS. I've been proposing ideas and refactoring some code around the the user interface (front-end) and the server-side (back-end) of the application since 2017.

We discuss a lot of technological aspect from the language. Of course Popov is a black belt software developer! He is the author and brilliant mind behind everything (did 99.9% of the app). When he had start developing software I wasn't born yet! So it's very satisfying to work along with an idol, that can teach you so much about forex software!

I'm also trade in markets (stocks, futures & options) since 2010. Since 2012 I've been developing experts advisors in metatrader/python/amibroker and researching about algorithmic trading/statistic/machine learning.

Since 2017 I'm working with and spreading the word of EAS in Brazil. ( www.robotrading.com.br )

D5QM54S7 wrote:

Finally, a software that has no thousand buttons and possibilities! Furthermore, the portfolio test is very fast and works great -> why not continue on that path and differentiate?

I can tell you we analyze thousand of trading ideas, ideas that are presented in other competitive trading tools and expert advisors builders. I've proposed and planned "the best" from the others related software to implement in EAS.

I'm a heavy user of expert advisor studio myself, I really believe in the product and want it to be the best analytical tool as you do. Hope that in a near future we'll be able to fulfill more requests, to satisfy even the more advanced quantitative traders.

D5QM54S7 wrote:

The addition of OHLC analysis would attract people like me but it is useless if there are no tests to verify the robustness. But they are your corporate policies and nobody can get into it.
With respect

I'll read your posts, understand what you have propose, plan it and see if it's sounds reasonable to implement.

Thank you for the feedback and support along those years. Cheers.

I have been a trader for several years. We are not in tune but I accept it. I wish you good work and feel good!

Regards

I tend to agree with  ViniQ, many people have a ton of suggestions to modify the program and they make the suggestions without regard to the stage of development at present.

Popov has a long list of modifications that he is working on and he has to coordinate his efforts with what he has in mind currently.

Each little change is a lot of coding and testing and each affects ither parts of the program, I am confident that the program will continue to be improved as months pass, each revision takes a ton of work.

I am neither a coder or professional trader, however, this software has done me very well even without all of the features requested.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

14 (edited by D5QM54S7 2019-09-16 21:05:45)

@Blaiserboy "this software has done me very well even without all the features requested" trading is art, congratulations if you managed to generate value from FSB. I wasn't able to, I use other tools that are more congenial to me. My arguments were about developing a multitude of software and codes instead of developing a single software (FSB or EAStudio) and pushing to elevate it. I repeat they are corporate policies and I don't want to intrude

I like the idea of multiple softwares as that would allow greater flexibility and reduce the load on the main program and allow more sophisticated developers to refine their projects further.

To do that, I think the company would have to hire some additional people and that may not be feasible.

I am glad that I am not in the software business, I could not put up with the continual changes required...

I use a few different programs for different things and they are continually being revised because of the competition.

Not an easy life!

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

16 (edited by D5QM54S7 2019-09-16 22:01:35)

Over the years I have seen something else and I don't see flexibility but it's ok, we're all different, each with his ideas :-) Good trading at all.

Regards

I've seen many people replying to this post focusing on the wrong thing, im trying to give constructive feedback to something that im currently using and something I like, if I didnt like the software I wouldnt take the time and effort to post something online, I only post things on software when I have an idea I think will improve things for me and other people. Also the following lines goes specially to @ViniQ that assume because I have not a badge or a title of `Licensed Member` on the forum under my username I have not bought a license and I'm just on trial. Let me tell you that I have a license and I bought the software since I started using it a few months ago as trading is my full time job and I do it since I wake up in the morning until I go to sleep really late at night, its been like that for a long time, im just not using the same account for answering posts on the forum and using the software, the reason is simple, I used my real name on the first account and have some information in there I do not want it to be public, for that reason I have another account that I use for the forum, simple as that, I'm a person that on every site and every forum where I register I have multiple accounts, an official one and another I can use to post things without revealing my real name or any information about me. I believe what everyone here should be focusing (specially if you are developer working on FSB) is on the positive feedback and the things that can be improved, as others have said im not the only one talking about this stuff and there are a lot of posts with the same request, and if a post like this have so many views as it has (which is currently more views than some of those posts made by the developers of FSB and that are pinned on the forum) I think there is a reason for that, maybe many people think the same but are too afraid to comment or ask the same just because of how you would treat them on the forum, also some other traders do not like interacting with people.

Tukirito you're welcome!

I agree with you let's focus on the right thing, Can you please post the suggestion to this post: https://forexsb.com/forum/topic/3995/fsb-pro-wish-list-requested-features/

Thank's for sharing.

ViniQ wrote:

Tukirito you're welcome!

I agree with you let's focus on the right thing, Can you please post the suggestion to this post: https://forexsb.com/forum/topic/3995/fsb-pro-wish-list-requested-features/

Thank's for sharing.

Sure, will post the suggestion there in a few minutes.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Add more "Search Best" options and multi-parameters optimization.