forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Portfolio Expert → Portfolio for MT5?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Portfolio for MT5?

Hi,

when will it be possible to use portfolio for mt5?

First i thought hedging not possible on mt5. But i read this.

https://www.metatrader5.com/en/news/715

Today, MetaQuotes Software Corp. has released a new version of the MetaTrader 5 trading platform build 1325. The most important feature added is the hedging option, which until recently was only supported in MetaTrader 4. Now the platform permits users to open opposite positions of the same financial instrument.

Re: Portfolio for MT5?

I'll bring good news for you!
Yes, it's possible to trade multiple strategies concurrently in the same symbol in MT5.

Follow those steps, you'll need:

• Ask your broker to change you mt5 account type to hedge;

• Export each strategy to a expert advisor (.mq5);

• Open the same symbol several times, different chart window, in MT5 terminal;

• Attach to each window the strategies;

Until this date we don't have a "single" expert that contain X more experts inside as Popov did for MT4;
There is no problem at all, as you can do it easy with the steps I've explained above...

This approach in my point of view is far better than a "single portfolio expert containing X strategies" because you can keep track of the magic numbers for further analysis and take far more control of the experts;

*Expert tip* Folow Petko Alexandrov, he is doing an excellent job teaching how to master expert advisor studio, has many courses at udemy and his website. He show how to keep track of the portfolio experts as profitability of each strategy in his courses that can be bought for a penny at udemy.

Wish you all the best! Cheers.

Vinicius Pereira, Portuguese Support.
Improve your trading with my strategies & signals on MQL5. High success rate & many followers. Check them out & join my EAS telegram group for updates.

yes but it for me it would be better to have all in one like on mt4. i trade different up to 10 portfolio same time. my vps must be a monster machine to open 10000 charts.

4 (edited by ViniQ 2019-06-28 15:17:14)

@Roughey you are right, every chart will consume memory and resources from the VPS and you have the duty to open 10.000 charts and drag-and-drop 10.000 EA's, this can be a tedious task and time consuming. I'm really sorry for you bad experience.

At least all experts generated by EAS have a low memory footprint by far comparing with any software alternative. It isn't for trading in real account right? If so Pay for a VPS should not be a problem at all . cool

I'll wait if the Boss itself reply this topic bringing news when he plan to achieve this milestone.

Until it's possible generate portifolio mt5 ea, If your broker allow mt4 and mt5, try use mt4 demo account to get stats from a portfolio expert and trade the real account use only the magic numbers you need in mt5 terminal.

Hope this make some sense. Wish you all the best! Cheers.

Vinicius Pereira, Portuguese Support.
Improve your trading with my strategies & signals on MQL5. High success rate & many followers. Check them out & join my EAS telegram group for updates.

What about to use MT4 and a copier to MT5?

@popov what are the plans to use mt5 with portfolio..i think first it wasnt done cause mt5 has no hedge..but as you see hedging is possible than why not change code to make a mt5 portfolio.

GD wrote:

What about to use MT4 and a copier to MT5?

I have copiers to go from one to the other and use them often

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

i need no copiers..why not have porfolio also on mt5...are there problems with mql code?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Portfolio Expert → Portfolio for MT5?