forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Portfolio Expert → Backtest of Portfolio very slow in M15 on MT4

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Backtest of Portfolio very slow in M15 on MT4

Hi,

i have a question. I use dukascopy tickdata. When i backtest an h1 strategy in Mt4 on tick value 1 year backtest is fast.

When i use M15 Backtest of an m15 portfolio backtest take 4-5 hours. 65000 bars in test.

When i use H1 Portfolio with 200000 bars its faster than m15 ? Why is this? Is this only on my computer?

Re: Backtest of Portfolio very slow in M15 on MT4

The MetaTrader tester is super ineffective. It literarily fabricates ticks on a predefined algorithm and calculates the indicators on each of them. There is no advantage of using "tick testing" in MetaTrader because of 2 reasons:
1st - it is not tick testing. It is only named that.
2nd - it is slow.
3rd - (for now) it has a crucial bug with fabricating ticks near the bar close.

You may test the strategies and the portfolios with the "Bar open" algorithm. If you want, try also the "Control points" algorithm and compare the results. They must be the same or very near.

Re: Backtest of Portfolio very slow in M15 on MT4

i have checked..if i use dukascopy tickdata and have made some backtest it will be as slower as long i use the data.

when i download new data and than make backtest it 100times faster.. but i dont know why.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Portfolio Expert → Backtest of Portfolio very slow in M15 on MT4