Topic: What is the fastest one-core CPU for Forex Builder?

Since FSB does not use second core I am looking for older computer to create strategies. What is the fastest single-core CPU for this purpose?

Re: What is the fastest one-core CPU for Forex Builder?

Thanks!
Here is more:
http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/cpu-charts-2004/3DMark03-CPU,434.html

I don't want to invest a lot for now, so old cpu will suffice.

I think that a dual-core is better since you can open multiple instances of FSB. I'm using quad-core and I can run 4 instances of FSB at the same time.

acharyadas wrote:

Since FSB does not use second core I am looking for older computer to create strategies. What is the fastest single-core CPU for this purpose?

4 (edited by acharyadas 2010-07-02 13:58:59)

zenoni wrote:

I think that a dual-core is better since you can open multiple instances of FSB. I'm using quad-core and I can run 4 instances of FSB at the same time.

acharyadas wrote:

Interesting idea. Do you have maybe some automating software/macros to create strategy for 30 minutes/save it/create another? Or you do all manually?

Is single core in dual or quad-core processor faster than P4 3.2 Ghz? I read that the CPU speed is divided when there is more cores.

acharyadas wrote:

Interesting idea. Do you have maybe some automating software/macros to create strategy for 30 minutes/save it/create another? Or you do all manually?

Is single core in dual or quad-core processor faster than P4 3.2 Ghz? I read that the CPU speed is divided when there is more cores.

I do everything manually, I usually run strategy generator for several days. If you are using multicore processor then all cores are operating at equal speed. CPu speed is not devided.

If you try to speed up strategy generator then you should use fastest possible processor with overclocking. For examle -  Intel Core i7 965 Extreme Edition or AMD Phenom II X2 555 3.2Ghz Black Edition Intel is much more expensive than AMD with very litte performance premium.

You also need a fastest RAM available.

zenoni wrote:
acharyadas wrote:

I do everything manually, I usually run strategy generator for several days. If you are using multicore processor then all cores are operating at equal speed. CPu speed is not devided.

If you try to speed up strategy generator then you should use fastest possible processor with overclocking. For examle -  Intel Core i7 965 Extreme Edition or AMD Phenom II X2 555 3.2Ghz Black Edition Intel is much more expensive than AMD with very litte performance premium.

You also need a fastest RAM available.

Running strategy generator for several days? You are probably using 10 years worth of data? Then finding profitable strategy probably will take days...

I plan to buy VPS and I will run FSB there too apart from FST. It will generate strategies all month long.

I attached script/macro for automatic running/saving and again running Generator automatically. Just run FSB and run this script.

You need Automise runner (free) to run it.

More info:
http://www.automise.com/automise.aspx

Download:
http://www.automise.com/automise-runner-download.aspx

Post's attachments

Automise Projects.zip 4.63 kb, 4 downloads since 2010-07-03 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Dear all
i am about to buy a new labtop (Hp  dv6-2171 i7 ) is it a good choice or not , what i mean by a good choice is that computer will be helpful in running more instances of FSB without hanging or not !

i have now lenovo (intel centrino2 vPro ) i run two instance of FSB using it but i cannot do any thing else

regards