Topic: Generating EA from past trades

Greetings and Hello All,

I tried searching for such a topic but was unable to find anything.  How do you generate an EA from a list of past trades using the software?  Can be supplied in excel format.

Thanks,

William

Re: Generating EA from past trades

This software doesn't have this capability.

William, upload your data set by using the provided scripts in EA Studio. The Strategy Generator will generate a strategy on the data.

If you know the trading stats, you may set it in the Acceptance Criteria. EA Studio may generate a strategy with similar entries. Of course, it will work only if the initial entries are strictly based on indicators and are executed at Bar Open.

However, since you have only past entries and you have no idea when the next entry will be, any strategy generated by EA Studio will work for you.

Popov wrote:

William, upload your data set by using the provided scripts in EA Studio. The Strategy Generator will generate a strategy on the data.

If you know the trading stats, you may set it in the Acceptance Criteria. EA Studio may generate a strategy with similar entries. Of course, it will work only if the initial entries are strictly based on indicators and are executed at Bar Open.

However, since you have only past entries and you have no idea when the next entry will be, any strategy generated by EA Studio will work for you.

Hello, is there a way to do this with excel worksheet data?

I think you will have to do as Popov advises. There is no facility for importing past trades.

Best to take your criteria and input it.

Experiment for a few hours and then start to look for the results you require

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Blaiserboy wrote:

I think you will have to do as Popov advises. There is no facility for importing past trades.

Best to take your criteria and input it.

Experiment for a few hours and then start to look for the results you require

ok thanks