forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → A question regarding Validator in EA Studio

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: A question regarding Validator in EA Studio

Hi
One thing that I wonder is,
if I have a batch of EAs (say 20) and lift them in in EA Studio via Validator, only a few EA gets through even if I have unticked everything that has to do with validation in the whole EA Studio?
Is it because they show a negative result?
I still would like to put ALL 20 strategies back into EA Studio (and see them) unregarding if they show + or - result in order to tweak/optimize them..

Re: A question regarding Validator in EA Studio

timpa wrote:

Hi
if I have a batch of EAs (say 20) and lift them in in EA Studio via Validator, only a few EA gets through even if I have unticked everything that has to do with validation in the whole EA Studio?
I still would like to put ALL 20 strategies back into EA Studio (and see them) unregarding if they show + or - result in order to tweak/optimize them..

yes i have that problem also but it looks like you have something not unchecked. Also check acceptance criteria in settings. Also correlation.

Roughey wrote:
timpa wrote:

Hi

yes i have that problem also but it looks like you have something not unchecked. Also check acceptance criteria in settings. Also correlation.

Ok I´ll check but does it work for you 100% now and you had a problem before or what?

no but i have checked when i have the problem and i think i have disabled all. than there is an option or criteria that would not work than. so check all that options. also check your data horizon also.

Roughey wrote:

no but i have checked when i have the problem and i think i have disabled all. than there is an option or criteria that would not work than. so check all that options. also check your data horizon also.

Must the strategy that you lift in via Validator show profit? Or will it accept a strategy that shows loss?

2 reasons this can still happen (even if not validation criteria are set):

1) Net profit must always be > 0
2) The correlation filter (if you have enabled that)

I also already mentioned it to Popov that we should have the option in the settings to de-activate that global "net profit must be > 0" filter, but so far, this filter is still active and you can´t turn it off :-(

geektrader wrote:

2 reasons this can still happen (even if not validation criteria are set):

1) Net profit must always be > 0
2) The correlation filter (if you have enabled that)

I also already mentioned it to Popov that we should have the option in the settings to de-activate that global "net profit must be > 0" filter, but so far, this filter is still active and you can´t turn it off :-(

Thanks for the clarification, my question/problem came that I have bought a lot of Udemy trading classes from Petko and he includes new EAs every month for every course, but I could not lift in the hole batch properly in order to tweak them as a batch with my broker data because of filter > 0.
And I think its a waste when someones produces something that cannot be used..?

I´m thinking why is there a  > 0 filter?
Maybe there should be an option where the user decides?

Yea, there should def. be an option for that, as I also sometimes want to retest old strategies on recent data, and if they had a drawdown (so are in profit < 0), EA Studio simply ignores them. Not good!

Currently the Generator (and Reactor, Validator) have hard-coded criteria for the complete backtest:
count of trades > 5,
minimum net profit > 0

This is very important for the correct work in 99% of the cases. However, if you like, I may add an option for disabling that.

I consider to add an additional page with Advance Settings where I may put all dangerous settings.

Popov wrote:

Currently the Generator (and Reactor, Validator) have hard-coded criteria for the complete backtest:
count of trades > 5,
minimum net profit > 0

This is very important for the correct work in 99% of the cases. However, if you like, I may add an option for disabling that.

I consider to add an additional page with Advance Settings where I may put all dangerous settings.

That would be super, Popov!

Yes, please do Mr. Popov.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → A question regarding Validator in EA Studio