forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

(Page 7 of 14)

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Expert Advisor Studio - Wish list

Pages Previous 1 5 6 7 8 9 14 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

151 (edited by GD 2019-01-11 06:37:49)

Re: Expert Advisor Studio - Wish list

Hi Michael1

I agreed on that

152 (edited by geektrader 2019-01-11 10:19:43)

Michael1 wrote:

Oh another thing which i think would be very very helpful would b to have two sets of acceptance criterias. 1 for the generator and one for the optimiser as setting strict criteria the generator will not find andy strategies however when i optimise a strat to those criterias it can find them easily? What does everyone else think?

Yea, +100, I had requested exactly this earlier in this wish-list though already (about 1 year ago I think), exactly for the reason you mention.

EDIT: Found the old request: https://forexsb.com/forum/post/50047/#p50047

153 (edited by yonkuro 2019-01-11 11:36:16)

geektrader wrote:

Popov works very good indeed, great man :-)

Another idea that should be easy to do:

- please add "Stagnation" (days or %, does not really matter) as a goal for the Optimizer, so that (combined with other acceptance criteria) we can optimize for a low as possible stagnation in the growth of the profit.

Thanks smile

I also wish for stagnation optimizer. Low stagnation is equal to stability.

Regards.

do or do not there is no try

154 (edited by geektrader 2019-01-11 19:18:33)

Thanks for the quick implementation Popov, rapid development in 2019 for EA Studio, that is great!

Yea it is, but you´d need to force at least a minimum of trades for it to make sense, as 0 trades = 0 stagnation, so the Optimizer will prefer strategies with very few trades because they have no stagnation at all (or very low). It also does not prevent long flat-phases, e.g. the optimizer can come up with strategies that have one good phase and then go sideways with just a slight growth for the rest of the backtest but still no stagnation (as no stagnation = fulfilled even if it just grew $1). That just is no real stability either. But it comes in handy for some special cases for me, that is why I´ve requested it. Overall I am rather optimizing for a high r-squared, which has drawbacks too, as even a highly stable equity curve can have a very bad return/drawdown ratio or a high stagnation.

All of that underlines once again that we´ll really need an option for a weighted fitness-goal approach like in other platforms for the optimizer. It´s one of the main features lacking from EA Studio at the moment. So that we can tell the optimizer to put a weight of 70% on R-Squared, 20% on Return / Drawdown and 10% on Stagnation (just as an example) - working out our own "best fitness" formula as the goal for the optimizer, providing us exactly what we are looking for in terms of stability, return / drawdown ratio and stagnation at once (or whatever one needs). As all these statistics are anyway already calculated for every backtest, it should not slow down EA Studio in any way, it "just" would need to be implemented by Mr. Popov :-)

155 (edited by geektrader 2019-01-11 20:03:50)

Here is an example of why a weighted fitness-target for the optimizer would be great, it shows that optimizing just for one value is not the best solution for the overall outcome of what we are looking for in the end-results of the optimization, but why a weighted approach (for example 50% on return/drawdown and 50% on stagnation) would make the most sense:

https://i.imgur.com/bfk8CbK.jpg

This example clearly shows that optimizing just for one target like return / dd, stability or stagnation is a weak approach, and that a multi-goal % weighted approach for the different metrics would have given the best end-result.

(Disclaimer: Remember that this strategy is already very stable anyway and that the differences might look marginal and I also know that the equity curve of #1 (optimized for stagnation only), and although it has the lowest R-Squared value, looks the best "by eye" for this one case, but this will make a much bigger difference in strategies that aren´t that good already during their initial optimization phase.)

Of course: the collection should be sortable by that custom fitness-target as well. I think it would be best if this would simply be implemented in the settings page under Acceptance Criteria. There could be an extra settings-sub-page called "Custom-Fitness-Target" under which we can simply add our own weights. It would hold all the already available metrics like stagnation, r-squared, ret / dd, etc. etc. and we will have to weight them by %, so that 100% is reached (e.g. 80% on R-Squared, 10% on ret / dd, 10% on stagnation). Then we can simply select "Custom Fitness" as a target for the generator / optimizer / collection-sorting, etc.  This way "normal users" can still use all the other targets directly (like return/drawdown, or whatever), and experts can select "Custom fitness" which holds their own custom weighting for the different metrics.

It would be fine if it will be possible to add for downloaded collections a unique number behind TF.

Now it looks "Strategy Collection + *Number of Strats* + *SYMBOL* + *Timeframe* +*(X).json"

The wish is cause i have run much instances and download all collections at once. Every day for backup cause sometimes Chrome crashes EaStudio. The downloaded collection go to download folder. Than i copy to my collection folder which is sorted by Symbols and Timeframe.

Now if i have copied once to my folders and have new instances and download again all go to download folder but start again with:

Strategy Collection + *Number of Strats* + *SYMBOL* + *Timeframe* +*(X).json

When i now copy again to my folder where i sorted in than i have same collection names. So i dont know if it is a hard thing to implement a unique random number behind Timeframe to get a unique file.

This only save time to rename every time all collections.
Cause when i have enough collections i will only go to my folder and put them all in validator for more operations.

157 (edited by geektrader 2019-01-14 11:31:44)

Dear Popov,

I am really looking forward to remove some limits that hinder me in my daily workflow. Making it simple, please:

- Remove the 10000 working minutes limit of the generator/reactor. I often let it run longer on my dedicated server and don´t want it to stop/restart all 10000 minutes. That´s a lot of work with many instances that´s not really necessary as this limit is not needed at all, as the user can just press "Stop" instead. Setting it to 0 doesn´t work either (maybe make 0 = unlimited?).

- Increase the Multi-markets amount of possible markets in the Generator/Reactor/Validator for checking the validation criterias from currently "10" to at least "30" (or let us enter a number manually instead).

- As I am validating on 28 markets at once, can you make EA Studio use all markets we have in our database (of the same timeframe) instead of just 5 / 6 by default? It would be nice to not always have to click 22 times more to add them all (as it just pre-selects 5 or 6).

Thank you :-)

158 (edited by geektrader 2019-01-17 01:13:32)

I think the exported MT4 / MT5 code really needs a protection in case it cannot set the stop loss after opening the position (which can easily happen during roll-over or black swan events).

I´ve outlined it here in the last long highlighted sentence https://forexsb.com/forum/post/53886/#p53886

By the way, why not use a tasks-/bug-tracker ala https://projectpanel.com/ ? This way every feature request and bug report is in a separate ticket and people can vote for what they´d like to see implemented first + you, Mr. Popov, can keep track of everything easily, forever!

160 (edited by yonkuro 2019-01-18 11:11:53)

Hi Popov,

The current generated EA can only have one open position at the same time right?

So if a rule is satisfied when the previous order is still open, the EA won't open any order.

Could you please consider adding these two optional features :
1. Exit order when the opposite signal appears
2. Allow hedge, so it can have multiple open opposite orders.

By doing so I think we can see the quality of entry rules more objectively.

Best regards.

do or do not there is no try

Hello Popov,

What do you think about adding a "Minimum Profit Per Trade" as a filter criteria. Will assist with Longer term trading strategies as opposed to "Profit per day"

Thanks.

"Minimum Profit Per Trade" will transform you computer to a heater.

Anyway, you can test it now. Set in Acceptance Criteria:
Minimum Win Loss ratio = 1
Minimum count of trades = 100 (or more)
Minimum net profit = 500 (if you need $5 per trade for 100 trades)

Hi Popov, one request I have is with the trade by hour results can we have a way to either: set individual trading hours per strategy in a portfolio or view overall trade by hour results of the portfolio this would allow to narrow down the most profitable times to trade a particular strategy/portfolio

Another idea: now that EA studio can show a separate equity curve for the long and short trades, I´ve noticed that my most stable strategies have a very similar (straight) equity curve separately for the long and for the short trades. These strategies do better than other strategies that also have a combined very straight equity curve (so long and short combined) but have a very uneven long only and short only equity curve if seen separately (basically it´s just luck and good timing (which will never happen like this again) that the combined equity curve looks good, but the strategy is weak actually). So would it be possible to make a new correlation metric that measures the correlation between the long-only equity curve and the short-only equity curve (also as acceptance criteria of course)? This way we could see how close the long only and short only side trades and the higher the correlation, the more stable the strategy is (at least from my experience).

Thank you smile

What about to put each acceptance criteria in their tab in Generator/Reactor.

On Generator Settings directly put the acceptance criteria. Also on others. That easier to use. I am new to ea studio but for me now its a muddled up.

166 (edited by GD 2019-01-20 14:50:31)

It is very fine this idea Roughey.

What about to put each acceptance criteria in their tab in Generator/Reactor.

This will only complicate the things even more.

i thing it will be fine to have a new tutorial(video) how that works.

More wishes:

Save/Load parameter (range + step size) for the Optimizer. I often optimize one strategy parallel on many different pairs at once to make better use of my CPU. Currently I have to open 24 EA Studio instances and then type in the range + step sizes for the same strategy over and over 21 times. It would be nice if we simply had a load/save optimizer settings button so that I can easily load them 21 times instead :-)

Additionally, it would be great to have 2 arrows in the Editor to quickly jump between strategies in the collection, like this:

https://i.imgur.com/1gm5Rbs.png

170 (edited by Roughey 2019-01-23 20:54:21)

What about a second collection for optimized strategys?

I dont know if it will be good but i thought if i use reaktor/ generator without Optimization first. Than all eas go to collection. But when i want to decide to use this collection and want to optimize than i stop ea and start optimization with that collection. Now we have our standart collection and optimized collection where we can change and play with different settings but the first standard collection will be the same. when my optimized collection is not satisfied i only go to normal collection and make optimization with other settings. than new strategies go again to the optimzer collection.

I know this is now ready at work with validator. But why not this way. One time loaded normal collection. Than play with them.

P.S Dear Popov did you can make it ready a unique number as it is by downloading normal strategies also with download collection.

The problem with this really is the number of strategies loaded. > 100 (global throughout one instance) and things will slow down considerable overall. I think the current way is the best one.

What about this idea.

Example: I have an portfolio ea with 100 strategies. After some weeks testing i want to sort out bad strategies with new ones.
So i validate the old portfolio and strategies go to collection. Now isnt it better to load another collection where i have collected strategies and i want to put some stratgies to my old portfolio. So loading collection and than i have my old portfolio collection and the new one. No it will be great to delete from collection one bad strategies and add from collection 2 ( which is loaded with new strategies.)

Hi Popov,

With the new entry results by hour graph id love to see an option to apply a certain trading time or 'optimise' the trading times to suit the graph for each particular strategy. This ould be so powerful to have as currently we can only set global trading times for all strategys loaded.
If i have a portfolio of strategies the only way currently is to load each strategy individually in EA Studio then re output with the best trading times.

Id also love to see a better way to search through an exisiting portfolio for a particular strategy. IE if i have been running a portfolio and want to pick a particular strategy to review statistics if the validator brought the magic numbers of each strategy in when uploading it would be so easy for everyone to track each individual strategy.

Michael1 wrote:

Hi Popov,

With the new entry results by hour graph id love to see an option to apply a certain trading time or 'optimise' the trading times to suit the graph for each particular strategy. This ould be so powerful to have as currently we can only set global trading times for all strategys loaded.
If i have a portfolio of strategies the only way currently is to load each strategy individually in EA Studio then re output with the best trading times.

Id also love to see a better way to search through an exisiting portfolio for a particular strategy. IE if i have been running a portfolio and want to pick a particular strategy to review statistics if the validator brought the magic numbers of each strategy in when uploading it would be so easy for everyone to track each individual strategy.

You can do exactly that right now already by simply loading your strategy, adding the "Entry Time" indicator and run an optimization only on the entry / end hour of that indicator. It will find the best time-range for your strategy to trade (in terms of your optimization goal, whatever it is). Doing this via the trade-report is too vague in my opinion, as "better" can mean something completely different for every trader - one might look for max profit, another for best R-Squared, another for best return / drawdown in terms of the selected trading hours. By simply adding the "Entry Time" indicator to an existing strategy, you can just optimize quickly for the "best" trading time range by also using your optimization goal of what is "best" for you. And no, EA Studio does not limit you to a global session because it has this indicator for that :-)

Restrict the number of Entry Exit Rules. For example i only want one exit rules that i can set it in settings.

E.g Only maximum 2 entry rules and maximum 1 exit rule. This will be great.

Pages Previous 1 5 6 7 8 9 14 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Expert Advisor Studio - Wish list