forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → What the difference between trading session time and Entr/exit Indi?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: What the difference between trading session time and Entr/exit Indi?

I want to generate nightly strategies. so ea should only open trades and close trades between 00:01 and 8:59. So what i have to do only set the trading session with this time. Or should i let trading session default and say entry/exit indicator?

What is here the difference?

Re: What the difference between trading session time and Entr/exit Indi?

The Trading Session is designed to be "permanent" for the trading environment. It can be used in cases when the broker streams data but doesn't allow trading (lets say from 23:50 - 00:10). Another use is if you want to prevent trading (or to only trade) for a particular interval (let's say only during London session).

The Trading Session settings work for the complete app. (also in the exported experts)

On the other hand, the Entry Time and Exit Time indicators work for an individual strategy. The can be also preset for the Generator.

But how can that be. I have settings like this.

https://i.postimg.cc/87d7vxF3/eastudio.png

But get this results. Why is here EA Closing at other time as trading session?

https://i.postimg.cc/ygGxBH5J/eastudio2.png

It must be something wrong. I'll inspect it this week.

Thank you for the report!

5 (edited by geektrader 2019-01-08 09:32:51)

That´s the same bug I´ve already reported in September 2018 here: https://forexsb.com/forum/topic/7523/po … anagement/

The EA Studio backtests ignore the global session time set for the indicator EXITS (naturally stop losses can happen at any time of course). ENTRIES are OK and times are obeyed. The funny thing is that the MT4 code (and hence the Metatrader backtests) that EA Studio generates DOES obey the session times just fine also for the EXITS, just the backtests in EA Studio are wrong and ignore the session times for indicator based exits (they can always happen 24 hours, regardless of what session you´ve set).

This also leads to that especially such strategies like yours have wrong results between the EA Studio backtest / the MT4 backtest and hence EA Studio generates wrong strategies too as the exported code will just not trade like that, so backtests are mismatched to often high degrees. But I´ve all reported it this summer as you can see in the post I´ve linked, but it was not fixed, unfortunately, although it´s a pretty serious bug.

You are right. I have this in mind every day when start coding and it happens that I start doing something other. I'll try to fix it up to tomorrow. Most probably the fix will take less time than writing this answer.

Thank you for the report and rising this question again!

I uploaded a new version with a fix. Please reload with Ctrl + F5 and test.

Trade Safe!

OK, nice, I will test it this evening and report back. Yes, so many things so little time, but I think bugs must always come first before new features, just my opinion...

Have a great day :-)

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → What the difference between trading session time and Entr/exit Indi?