Topic: FSB Wish List - Requested features

Please add your requested features for FST into this topic.

FxWinner summarises relevant requests below.

This is a summery of all requests in the topic:

1. To make the generator selective with indicators and periods of indicators for example momentum indicator and rsi indicator mostly do the same job ( oscillators) so if FSB has an option to select what indicator to use and what indicator to drop to use rsi and to drop momentum  and so on with other indicators ( some sort of customizing menue in the tool bar ) , and the other idea to controle the max and min number of periods  for example to force FSB to use RSI(2) up to RSI(50) and ignore the other periods up to 200 and so on with other indicators [ahmedalhoseny, the same idea as FxWinner on post#5]

2. Exit after X-Bars indicator? [geektrader, kalle84, Love, krog, NicholasK]
http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/1467/exi … indicator/

3. Range of SL/TP for Generator [geektrader, fxwinner]
http://forexsb.com/forum/post/6488/#p6488

Re: FSB Wish List - Requested features

Multiple level exit strategy.  FXEngines used to have this feature and it was very profitable.  Exit is more important than entry in my opinion.  Forex is basically a 50/50 game.  If your trade happens to go in the black, why not let it run.  Some tests in Fxengines/hivetrader would run for over 2000 pip profits because of this feature.

Example:

1st level -  if current profit is 50 pips, enter 50 pip trailing stop
2nd level - if current profit is 100, enter 100 pip trailing stop
3rd level - if current profit is 150, exit when 5 ema rises/falls
4th level - if current profit is 200, exit when 7 ema rise/falls
etc., etc..

it is possible to make fsb compatible with nvidia cuda technology (accelerator software that use  nvidia gpu to accelerate  calculation task like coding video or intense paralele calculation or other if you code it ).and if not , can you create a  version with this feature(even freeware or shareware).if you do it , you will the first public backtesting programs with cuda.
Thank you

That is right, maniclo!

This is a Wish list topic, so all your wishes, please, add here. We will look into it and very possibly implement on some point.

So I wish FSB could use FPGA (Field-programmable gate array) this far faster then GPU. :-P.

5 (edited by fxwinner 2010-06-09 23:51:57)

1. Extend Closing logic not only AND but OR as well, as when TP/SL added, sometimes only 1 or 2 indicators can be added.
2. Fix Break Even as it doesn't close positions.
3. Allow Optimisation on Strategy property: Direction, SL/TP/ Break Even.
4. Export Ptimized parameters into CSV file instread of just showing only one the "BEST" results, as best Balance is not always the best set of parameters, as there are many others, like DD, Profit Factor, I like the way MT4 did it. you can stright away see the best settings:

But FSB overoptimise data and it choses picks instead of trading-stable sets, see an example:

This feature saves 85% of time with optimisation, as I don't run optimisation next time on low probability sets, but only in that channel where all GREEN grouped. Thus I would suggest to export or same this parameters to .set file the same way MT4 does to Tester\EA.set so we don't run optimisation on parameters which likely occur in future.

5. Add intra bar trading (tick trading), not only Opening/Closing see our post here:

http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/1496/liv … sb/page/3/

instread add options to test on tick (intrabar) and on opening/closing as discussed in above topic.
As without opening/closing FSB creates incorrect results.

Something to indicate consistency, like a value for how well the Ending Balance fits a straight line vs. large movements up and down. This might be possible from a linear regression, or something similar to the fractal dimension indicator.

I am currently using the Strategy Generator for the 4H charts on the EURUSD. I have set the working time to max which is 10,000 minutes so the process should take just under a week. After three days FSB has processed 1.75 million combination's.

The generator has changed it's strategy as more profitable strategies are found, however, I would like to view a "History" of the strategies rather than only ending up with one.

The reason is, there may be less profitable strategies that I am more comfortable with because of reduced draw downs etc.

It would also be nice to have a thread on these forums for people to post there generator results so we are all not running the same week long processes and we can benefit from others work.

Regards,
John

The generator has changed it's strategy as more profitable strategies are found, however, I would like to view a "History" of the strategies rather than only ending up with one.

Thanks jondgls, this is I would say the most important request!, the same way as just an Optimiser, FSB MUST save all resulst to external .csv file all the reulsts and atm, the generator is almost useless, as it can fine only ONE PICK results and that's it :-(, what use of it, and not only that, if finds only best results on trading data, tell me what use of it? NONE, we would like to see reports for OOS, as "Random trades" EA or "Flip Coin" EA, can do the same and better, but it is useless for New OOS data. Yes we dying to see this feature in new release.

It would also be nice to have a thread on these forums for people to post there generator results so we are all not running the same week long processes and we can benefit from others work.

Looks like people greedy, and keeps their strategies to themselves.
I was talking to admins about this and this will be implemented but not sure which way and how, please bear with us.

Thank you friends for the good and constructive ideas.

These days I'll publish a new beta version with:

- Generator History list (up to 100 strategies (easily can be increased to 1000 if you wish));
- Generator continue generating when press Generate, contrary than before when it starts fro the beginning. This is an option that can be On / Off.
- Very important bug fixed with intrabar scanner and strategies with close SL / TP where the back tester shows straightly rising and false balance line. 

See a flash demo here: Strategy Generator

Is it possible to compile FSB so that it is using the latest .NET framework 4.0 runtime for faster performance?

It's possible but probably have to make two separate compilations.

I'll try with FSB v2.50.1.1 Beta.

Generator should remember last used options in it. So we don't have to always change them when starting the generator again.

Generator should remember last used options in it.

It does that in the version just published.

Popov wrote:

In 2.12.0.0? Or in this new beta?

Try new beta smile Watch the video: http://forexsb.com/help/guide/generator-intro

acharyadas wrote:
Popov wrote:

In 2.12.0.0? Or in this new beta?

17 (edited by maniclo 2010-06-16 15:28:42)

it is possible to make fsb using more than one cpu core at time (like an option , we choose to use 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 etc...).thank you for this free software.

maniclo wrote:

it is possible to make fsb using more than one cpu core at time (like an option , we choose to use 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 etc...).thank you for this free software.

If its is possible then I prefer that this could be as an option to shoose between:
1. allocate all cores into single FSB
2. current situation that enables to run multiple instances of FSB at the same time.

zenoni wrote:
maniclo wrote:

If its is possible then I prefer that this could be as an option to shoose between:
1. allocate all cores into single FSB
2. current situation that enables to run multiple instances of FSB at the same time.

i agree with you zezoni          smile

Multi-core version is not easy to build at the moment. This option  was not considered in the initial design of FSB. However, you can freely run as many FSB copies as you want at the same time, if there is enough RAM available and CPU allows.

I have some ideas to make generator more flixable

1-by adding an option to limit the periods of indicators to limits < 200  and my request is , to  have an option to force  generator  limit searching within indicators values up to X  and this X can be 20 , 30 ,50 ...etc

2-to have the option to select which indicators to use and which indicators to ignore in the our scan for example if we have 100 indicators in FSB and only i want to scan using only 20 indicators

3-May We have ( floating Loss ) in the generator parameters!!!  Because some times we have some strategies ends with the maximum profit by waiting for a huge losses to
reverse again to close with profits  and this is not applicable in real life trading

Regards

after we generate a strategy and for example if i select maximum drawdown =20% and when optimizing the strategy to find the most profitable setting the optimizer neglect all condition seeking only for more profits and it ends with more profits but drawdown may exceed 40% or more so  my request to add more options to the optimizer and these options are the previous conditions of generator ( i need optimizer to take care of things like max drawdown , profit loss ratio ) and to make these conditions optional

Another option needed in optimizer : to include the Strategy properties (permanent Sl ,TP) in the optimization process

Another Option for optimizer!!

if we have strategy generated with Simple moving  average so we can optimize it by changing the period of MA or The shift of MA  can we have another option which is( changing the type of MA )?

Regards

Automatic creation of series of strategies after x minutes.

Now you can set up x minutes as working time for Generator.

I would love to have option - make x strategies working x minutes on each and save them automatically.

Is it possible to add multiple profit targets to strategy tester? TP1, TP2, TP3 and so on?