forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Browser Out Memory Issue

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Browser Out Memory Issue

Hi,
Get same error on every browser I use of out memory,
I have around 21 tabs open and after 1 day or less I get out memory.
Same problem with VPS with 40G Ram , tryed on home computer same thing happens!
Is some way to prevent from happening , thinking there is memory leak in program?

Thanks

Jason

2 (edited by Roughey 2019-01-02 16:58:40)

Re: Browser Out Memory Issue

i have it too after some hours on chrome it say.  OPPPS looks that java is crashed.

I tried for now this.

Add a Chrome Shortcut and add this. It work much better.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --args --js-flags="--max_old_space_size=4096"

Did someone know if there is a better and faster Browser than Chrome. Checked Firefox but Chrome was much faster. Mayber there are special Browser Versions for good EA Studio Performance.

Hi,
yes would really like know what browser works the best!
J.

4 (edited by geektrader 2019-01-02 19:01:00)

Chrome has a hard limit of 2GB per tab, no way around it (they say it´s for security reasons so that no tab can kill your systems RAM). I´ve switched to Firefox (actually https://sourceforge.net/projects/lawlietfox/ as it is a faster build of Firefox) because of that, as it has no memory limit per tab.

geektrader wrote:

Chrome has a hard limit of 2GB per tab, no way around it (they say it´s for security reasons so that no tab can kill your systems RAM). I´ve switched to Firefox (actually https://sourceforge.net/projects/lawlietfox/ as it is a faster build of Firefox) because of that, as it has no memory limit per tab.

On my system with Ryzen 5 1600 six core with 16GB Ram is very slow.

6 (edited by geektrader 2019-01-03 04:51:35)

I am on Ryzen architecture too, but on a Threadripper 1950X. At first, if running a just a single instance, it is slower than Chrome, but just watch Chrome´s and Lawlietsfox CPU usage. Chrome uses almost 2 cores to achieve the almost same speed as Lawlietfox that achieves it with just 1 thread. So if running many instances, Lawlietfox is ultimately faster looking at the overall global generated strategies per hour.

geektrader wrote:

I am on Ryzen architecture too, but on a Threadripper 1950X. At first, if running a just a single instance, it is slower than Chrome, but just watch Chrome´s and Lawlietsfox CPU usage. Chrome uses almost 2 cores to achieve the almost same speed as Lawlietfox that achieves it with just 1 thread. So if running many instances, Lawlietfox is ultimately faster looking at the overall global generated strategies per hour.

OK i have to check this. had only run yet one instance beside a chrome and saw its dramatacially slower

8 (edited by geektrader 2019-01-03 11:14:27)

Yes, check :-) In the end, it´s the only option if you need > 4 GB per tab, as Chrome simply cannot handle this. The 64 bit versions (obviously not possible for the 32 bit versions) of Firefox (and Lawlietfox) can, I´ve had one tab using ~40GB there (during a test) without any issues.

You said: "Mayber there are special Browser Versions for good EA Studio Performance."

There aren´t, I´ve checked them all. You don´t have much variations in the JS engines, it´s either the one from Chromium (Chrome) called V8, or the one from Firefox. There are no other independent JS engines out there that could run EA Studio and all other browsers either use V8 (and are mostly spin-offs of Chromium, just customized) or ise Firefox´s JS engine within spin-offs of the Firefox browser itself (like Lawlietfox). Comparing all the custom builds of Chromium and Firefox, it really comes down to either the builds from https://chromium.woolyss.com/ for Chromium which are the fastest (and faster than stock Chrome) or Lawlietfox for all the Firefox builds out there.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Browser Out Memory Issue