Topic: Candle precission

Hi all,

I'm new over here playing around ES Studio, Love its reliability and I'm starting to check its possibilities. I'm a current user of StrategyQuant and there are a couple of questions of EA Studio I don't understand.

I see that in order to import the historical data the software only gets the candles in the precission you are going to work with. I mean: If you're looking for H1 strategies so you will only import H1 candles. Is that correct?

If my guess is correct. In't that an approximation too heavy? When I backtest strategies in the other tool (SQ) with precission other than M1 the results are far away from reality.

Thanks!

Re: Candle precission

Hello Enric,

When I backtest strategies in the other tool (SQ) with precission other than M1 the results are far away from reality.

It is because SQ, MT and other backtesting tools doesn't have the technology and algorithms we invented. EA Studio accomplishes 100% reliable backtest by using only bar data. It is easier to make complex and slow program. The difficult job is to make smaller ans easier program that does the same job 100 times faster.

You may prove that for yourself with a very simple experiment in MT.
  - Export one expert from EA Studio.
  - Test it in MT by using the three methods it provides.

You will receive the same results.

Re: Candle precission

Good. Thanks for answering me.
As I said I'm starting to get familiar with this tool and yeah, I have to admit that it's simplicity and speed are really impressive. Your test suggested willl be one of the last on my list, if it works that will be really good news indeed.