forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Need to remove mt4 error and make mq4 back-testable on MT4

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by FXkid 2018-12-01 17:55:26)

Topic: Need to remove mt4 error and make mq4 back-testable on MT4

Hello everyone,
I generated some the following EAs, however i noticed that after exporting the EAs from FSB to MT4, the EAs can't optimize on MT4 and the ones that are able to backtest are extremely very slow, can anyone help me fix  this issue. i have much more tick data in my MT4 tick data suite . So i want to

I will be very grateful if anyone can help me fix this this. And for some i get this this error LabelDelete:failed to delete a text label! Error code = 4202

Post's attachments

MQ4.rar 143.51 kb, 17 downloads since 2018-12-01 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Need to remove mt4 error and make mq4 back-testable on MT4

3 days gone, i'm still stuck. I'm still praying for anyone to support me

Please give us more info for the issues you have. I don't have any troubles with your expert.

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/backtest-EURUSD%201Hr%20SPRD2.0%20fractal%20trailing%2010kto70k%20PF2.9%20DD21%202015-18-thumb.png

The experts are designed to be fast in FSB Pro. It is not a problem that the MT4 test is slow.

If you like fats MT4 tests, please use EA Studio. It export more simple MQL code and uses MT standard indicators mostly.

4 (edited by FXkid 2018-12-04 22:59:37)

ITS still not working at my end, when i check the journal, i see this error message. picture attached

https://i.postimg.cc/N5HsMRp3/ERROR.jpg

Post's attachments

ERROR.jpg 165.25 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

5 (edited by FXkid 2018-12-04 23:05:48)

And when i set visual mode on, it displays another error on the screen.
image attached

https://i.postimg.cc/WqDkttH5/ERROR.jpg

Post's attachments

ERROR.jpg 339.29 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Look at the error messages -- MT4 prints them for a reason.

On the 7th-line down there is an error message:
"Cannot load enough bars! The expert needs minimum 193 bars.  Please check the "Use date" option and set the "From" and ..."

It means your broker can not supply enough data for the "From" and "To" dates you specified.  If this is an M15 strategy your broker may not go back as far as 2015.  Try specifying dates that include just the past two months.  If that works, then you can gradually make the "From" date older and older -- until Strategy Tester complains again.

im using tick data suite, and im usimg dukascopy tick data 10yrs of eurusd, so what else could be the problem

MT Tester loads 100 bars at the beginning of the by default. The only way to provide enough bars (193 in your case) is to use the "From" field. There is no "what else". You have to either force MT to load bars or to make a new strategy. You can also ask the tick suite developers how to do it.

9 (edited by sleytus 2018-12-05 06:25:18)

FXkid wrote:

im using tick data suite, and im usimg dukascopy tick data 10yrs of eurusd, so what else could be the problem

Do you want to trouble shoot the problem, or not?

You can either intellectualize all day, all week, whatever about why something doesn't work -- or, you can get your hands a little dirty and try different things to see if they yield any additional clues.  With additional clues you might gain insight into what the problem is.

MT4's error messages gave you some clues.
I gave you some clues.
Popov gave you some clues.

You didn't like the clues so you return to intellectualizing why it should work.  People who are motivated to solve their own problems never hesitate to jump in and try different things and aren't afraid to get their hands dirty.

One of the most effective approaches to trouble shooting a problem is to first get something, anything to work.  Once you have something that works then you can gradually make changes so your testing more closely resembles the original scenario.  At one point you'll go from a working system to a broken one -- and then you'll know that last change was the culprit.

sleytus wrote:
FXkid wrote:

Do you want to trouble shoot the problem, or not?

You can either intellectualize all day, all week, whatever about why something doesn't work -- or, you can get your hands a little dirty and try different things to see if they yield any additional clues.  With additional clues you might gain insight into what the problem is.

MT4's error messages gave you some clues.
I gave you some clues.
Popov gave you some clues.

You didn't like the clues so you return to intellectualizing why it should work.  People who are motivated to solve their own problems never hesitate to jump in and try different things and aren't afraid to get their hands dirty.

One of the most effective approaches to trouble shooting a problem is to first get something, anything to work.  Once you have something that works then you can gradually make changes so your testing more closely resembles the original scenario.  At one point you'll go from a working system to a broken one -- and then you'll know that last change was the culprit.

Hey i already tried several things for 3 nights without sleeping properly, i didn't just post here because i was lazy, i posted here because i have tried everything that crossed my mind. I even seek from help from metaquotes forum, WWI forum without getting any feed back before i decided to post it here.
I would say thanks anyway... based on the response i got from both of you checked my tick data suite settings and behold, i found the parameter that controls history bars. Once i adjusted it, everything is resolved.

https://i.postimg.cc/dkcBNkVz/tick-data-parameter-for-adjusting-bars-before-data.jpg

11 (edited by sleytus 2018-12-05 07:26:53)

FXkid wrote:

Hey i already tried several things for 3 nights without sleeping properly

I apologize.  From your earlier posts it wasn't clear you were trying different things.  I've become jaded reading so many posts from lazy people (not necessarily here, but elsewhere, as well) who expect strangers to solve their problem. 

Clearly FSB Pro and EA Studio are mature products.  Clearly there are many people using these tools successfully.  So, when a new user has trouble using a feature why do most assume there's a problem with the tool?  It's a rhetorical question and I know you know the answer.

I'm glad you figured it out.  And, again, I apologize for the way I responded to your post.

its okay, you are rite and i humbly appreciate

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Need to remove mt4 error and make mq4 back-testable on MT4