1 (edited by flowth 2018-10-17 03:03:00)

Topic: Symbol Settings for Future

Hi!

I'm trying to set up a future contract symbol(WDO - Brazil Dollar Future Contract) in FSB. I've attached a screenshot of the specification window of MT5. The symbol has 0.5 tick size, BRL 5.00 tick value with 0.5 tick spread. On market orders there's also 0.5 tick spread.

I've used the FSB Data Source to import data but i'm confused on how to set the tick value and size. Also slippage doenst allow me to set 0.5, only 1, 2 ,3 etc... so the backtest on MT5 is not matching the backtest of FSB.

Sorry for the basic questions

Thanks

Post's attachments

1.png 40.61 kb, 1 downloads since 2018-10-17 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

2 (edited by ViniQ 2018-10-17 12:01:51)

Re: Symbol Settings for Future

Hello Flowth welcome on board!
Don't worry this is not a basic question as it should be, there is a lot of caveats involved in the process.

So with this in mind I've made a video explaining step-by-step
* export the quotes in a easy way with script;
* how to create a data source;
* create a symbol;
* copy the symbol to the folder and change his name because FSB does not allow filenames with symbols as @ and $;
* explaining the difference of pips and points for this asset (1000 pips is what we understand as 10 points);
* configuring commissions.

Pro Tip
A great effort was made in Expert Advisor Studio and fortunately now we have the option of Point Value! big_smile
It is easy to configure assets like the Mini Bovespa, Mini dollar and others symbols.

Post's attachments

FSB - csv_exporter_full.mq5 3.91 kb, 12 downloads since 2018-10-17 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Vinicius Pereira, Portuguese Support.
Improve your trading with my strategies & signals on MQL5. High success rate & many followers. Check them out & join my EAS telegram group for updates.

Pro Tip
A great effort was made in Expert Advisor Studio and fortunately now we have the option of Point Value! big_smile
It is easy to configure assets like the Mini Bovespa, Mini dollar and others symbols.

How can u set this option?

@deadlef in the data export script now has an input called PointValue. Point Value is the Profit generated by one lot per point.
This way you can setup CFDs arround the world eg: in Brazil we have this simbol WDO (Mini Dollar Futures - USDBRL) and each point of the asset move is BRL10.00;

https://i.imgur.com/Z2db8Vv.png

Now EA Studio gives a correct value in the journal for any symbol that you configure.

Improve your trading with my strategies & signals on MQL5. High success rate & many followers. Check them out & join my EAS telegram group for updates.

ViniQ wrote:

@deadlef in the data export script now has an input called PointValue. Point Value is the Profit generated by one lot per point.
This way you can setup CFDs arround the world eg: in Brazil we have this simbol WDO (Mini Dollar Futures - USDBRL) and each point of the asset move is BRL10.00;

https://i.imgur.com/Z2db8Vv.png

Now EA Studio gives a correct value in the journal for any symbol that you configure.

ok looks for mt5 only.

ViniQ, sensacional sua ajuda. Muito obrigado mesmo.

Eu ia demorar muito até achar essas configurações.

Você trabalha/é afiliado da ferramenta? Eu estou no trial do FSB. Se conseguir gerar bons sets eu tenho interesse em adquiri-la e gostaria de ter suporte em português. Tem algum outro meio de contato contigo?

Grato

7 (edited by ViniQ 2018-10-18 03:16:52)

flowth wrote:

ViniQ, sensacional sua ajuda. Muito obrigado mesmo.

Eu ia demorar muito até achar essas configurações.

Você trabalha/é afiliado da ferramenta? Eu estou no trial do FSB. Se conseguir gerar bons sets eu tenho interesse em adquiri-la e gostaria de ter suporte em português. Tem algum outro meio de contato contigo?

Grato

Glad that you like it! big_smile

Yes, I'm Brazilian country manager at forexsoftware.

Please test it and ask any question you have in mind.
To contact to ask me you:
* send me a mp in the forums;
* via e-mail vinicius@forexsb.com;
* Whatsapp 51 981348211;
* telegram (just follow my EAS group in telegram you will find me);

Cheers