forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

(Page 5 of 15)

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Expert Advisor Studio - Wish list

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Re: Expert Advisor Studio - Wish list

Would like a button that saves all session tab data for all of the open browser window, the issue when computer has to do a reboot all the session tabs restore with firefox but all of the individual settings for each currency pair are lost , it duplicate just one currency setting for all of the open browser tabs

It is because all browser tabs stores the data in a common repository. It appears that the last closed tab overrides the previous settings.

You can export all settings of the program from Tools -> Settings -> Settings Management

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/eas-settings-management.png

You can also export the Collection with one click.

Hi Popov,

Could you add the ability to chose the max number of entry & max number of exit rules to be used by the software?

(or maybe its there and I cant find it - oops hehe)

Thanks PT

104 (edited by mw 2018-07-26 16:35:40)

Dear Mr. Popov,

I submit to your consideration an idea for improving the portfolio generation of EAS.

The fact is that -as some fellow trader has mentioned before-  thanks to your excellent tools, the generation of strategies has ceased to be a problem. In my opinion our role as Strategy Creators has been transformed into Strategy Curators.

Your portfolio generating functionality is a fantastic addition, however, the process of curating a portfolio in its current stage is very labor intensive, because it requires continous iterations between the content and the summary tabs in order to see reflected the changes of the performance filters we use. Another drawback is that testing differents combinations of performance filters requires numerous repetitive clicks and typing. Both circumstances create an unnecessary workload which adds no value to the process.

I allowed myself to create a dummy screenshot of what I think would be a better layout for portfolio curating. I think it will be immediatly evident to everyone what I'm proposing.

Notes:
My original idea was having a manual curating tool, but then I realized that this could be fully automated  process with a portfolio optimizer tool. Hence the red button. It would activate a very similar process to the regular strategy optimization, but using performance filters instead of strategy parameters.

Reset buttons next to the sliders means go back to the default value

Please forgive if something does not make sense. Just wanted to give a general idea. Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.

Hope you find it valuable.

Best regards,

mw

https://s15.postimg.cc/opufhfpaf/Expert_Advisor_Studio_suggested_improvement.png

Post's attachments

Expert Advisor Studio suggested improvement.png 100.05 kb, 2 downloads since 2018-07-26 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

MW,

Very cool concept.  Nice feature to have.

So instead of optimising the indicator parameters.  You are proposing to optimise the various filter/acceptance criteria

106 (edited by mw 2018-07-26 17:26:48)

Hi,

Yep. We could have both manual and automated portfolio optimization. I'm not a software programmer, but I think all the necessary elements are there and could be rearranged with relative ease. Mr. Popov can correct me if I'm wrong.

My idea is to let the machine automate all that is automatable, and leave humans more time for analysis, fine tuning, and creative thinking,

What I´d like to see (maybe this was already mentioned in this thread?) is that we can simply select multi-symbols for generating/optimizing the systems and that EA studio uses the combined equity curve/trades of these to generate/optimize the systems. Basically, true portfolio generating instead of just to test other symbols * afterward* like it is now. Everything EA Studio does should just work on a portfolio level, just like in Adaptrade or Strategyquant, that would be dope.

MW, it is a good idea (and screenshot smile

I agree that the current Portfolio design has a lot of room for improvement. I still consider it for an experimental feature because it was only added about an year ago and having in mind that I work on the core features from 18 years.

I have the Portfolio improvement as a general task. Thank you for the visualization! By the way, the FSB Pro collection work in a similar way. (without the portfolio of course)

109 (edited by mw 2018-08-01 11:09:24)

Popov wrote:

MW, it is a good idea (and screenshot smile

I agree that the current Portfolio design has a lot of room for improvement. I still consider it for an experimental feature because it was only added about an year ago and having in mind that I work on the core features from 18 years.

I have the Portfolio improvement as a general task. Thank you for the visualization! By the way, the FSB Pro collection work in a similar way. (without the portfolio of course)

I'm glad you have liked it. I certainly not regret choosing your tools against the ones from other competitors. They keep getting better and better. Thanks!

Hi Popov, thanks for trial, really great.

A few ideas to consider, sorry if mentioned before:

- Allowing "pause" button to hold run?  Can we hold or save status if have to log off in middle of work?
- A few more simple indicators like n-bars high / low (ie doncian) or combinations like (Mov Avg +/- x*ATR (have used this a lot in stock mean reversion)
- on optimisation page, button to turn on / off all variables (just to speed up if trying 1 or 2 variables)
- ATR trailing stop / channel

All the Best, Dave

Sorry if asked this before (new user!), to add to above, I noted comment that need to use 'standard' MT4 indicators to keep app running fast, to satisfy those looking for price action instead of indicators, could we add say some of the 'simple' inbuilt mt4 formulas like the bar iHigh / iLow or iHighest / iLowest? eg bar close crossing / higher than last 10 bars etc.  Similarly a simple ATR band could be say iLowest() + X*ATR() etc.

Similarly a simple ATR band could be say iLowest() + X*ATR() etc.

It may be possible to add custom logic some day. I'm experimenting with a scripting language for EA Studio. It is along journey, but it is possible.

Hi Popov,

What do you think of brute force optimization, where the optimizer will search for all possible combinations of indicator value in a strategy with fixed entry/exit rules, to reach certain level of criteria?

Because of the randomness, if we run the generator or reactor, soon or later we'll reach that level too. I think brute force optimization of indicator value will speed up the process.

Off course this feature should be optional, because some traders may think it'd lead to curve fitting.

Best regards.

do or do not there is no try

Really looking forward to position sizing based on account percentage! smile

Hi there! New user here! Loving EA Studio a lot. I am currently demoing the EAs that were created from the strategies on MT5. I apologize for the duplication if this was already asked, but I didn't exactly see them on the previous pages:

Ability to create Portfolio Hedge EAs for MT5 like there is already in place for MT4

Ability to remove a strategy from the collection directly from the editor instead of backing out or clicking on the collection tab itself again.

Ability to specify and/or filter strategies based on number of entry/exit indicators. *I personally look for 2 indicators as part of the entry criteria in order to keep a strategy.

As I mentioned, I am a newbie to automated trading. But so far, my demo account is not looking too bad based on only using the EAs created from EA Studio. smile

jacpin2002 wrote:

Ability to remove a strategy from the collection directly from the editor instead of backing out or clicking on the collection tab itself again.

Hello Jac, you're welcome to the forums

EAS has an option to remove the strategy directly from the editor, maybe is this what you're looking for in the editor.
            https://i.imgur.com/xbXpZXu.png

Cheers

Vinicius Pereira, Portuguese Support.
            Improve your trading with my strategies & signals on MQL5. High success rate & many followers. Check them out & join my EAS telegram group for updates.

117 (edited by ViniQ 2018-09-11 16:42:01)

Resquest: Persist users preference for default strategy and indicators parameters

Problem

https://bitbucket.org/repo/rG8X4d/images/2340193573-180831-persist-strategy-params.gif

Solution

https://bitbucket.org/repo/rG8X4d/images/2557296707-180831-persist-strategy-solution.gif

@community
            Who suffer from the same problem I do EVERY TIME I want to optimize a strategy?
            Comment about it to make it relevant! Cheers ppl and HAIL POPOV

Improve your trading with my strategies & signals on MQL5. High success rate & many followers. Check them out & join my EAS telegram group for updates.

Resquest: When Validate(using Reactor or Validator) Append to the strategy the walk forward stats.

Problem: As user I need the program to take advantage of the validator to include the validated results in the strategy collection. This will allow us to filter in Collection by validated strategies using the walk forward statistics as "WF Cummulative OOS Profit"

Solution:

• Append new strategy properties after the validation to the strategy;

• In "Filter Records" a new checkbox with the option "Use validated stats."

• Sort my collection using validated metrics as "WF Cummulative OOS Profit";

119 (edited by ViniQ 2018-09-13 15:03:03)

Request: New feature in Trade Session "Exclude Day's List"

Problem: There is historically days we would not want the EAS to backtest, I've made vide about it showing a bug that's causing me with explanations.

Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh1Zx6T4vCw

https://i.imgur.com/ISi6vt3.gif

Thanks...

Excellent ideas. Thank you!

Buy and Hold strategy
              The most popular trading strategy is not available in EAS yet. I'm missing it sad

It will be very useful for the trader who want to do quick performance check on any symbol.
            Eg: See how much profit you would have if had bought EURUSD a year ago.

Develop a entry indicator and we can build such strategy

Strategy Rules
              Entry Indicators:
                Buy(or Sell) at Date YYYY/MM/DD

Exit Indicators:
                Do Not Exit

What do you think about it guys?
            Keep the awesome work on ea-studio forexsb, cheers from BR

Buy and Hold strategy

1. You can do it. Set the start time in the Data Horizon. Use long or Short for the entry.
            2. This strategy is completely opposite to what the algo trading must be.

Such a "strategy" would make sense for stocks, as their bias is always going up (naturally as no company wants to have a decreasing stock price), but for Forex, there is no bias at all, so any buy or sell "and hold" strategy does make few sense.

Dear Popov.

I wish for indicator based adaptive SL and TP, such as ATR.

Best regards.

do or do not there is no try

Its more important to handle a trade so the exit is more important than the enter of a trade so it would be nice if there will be more opportunities to close trades.  Stopp Loss based on ATR. Trailing Stop with more opportunities. Breakeven stop. Or something when Take Proft reach only close half position. Closing trades when reach some pips close half position or something set the rest to breakeven. Momentum-Based Trailing Stop or X Candle High / X Candle Low Trailing Stop Technique

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Expert Advisor Studio - Wish list