forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → Questions: Using an Indicator's Value as Entry and Exit

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Questions: Using an Indicator's Value as Entry and Exit

Hello Technical Support:

I have four (4) questions -

1)  Is possible in either SB or ST, to use an Indicator's value as the Order Entry Point and/or Exit Point?

2) Is it possible to expand the Parabolic SAR Acceleration and Maximum to accept numbers with four (4) decimal places to the right of zero, instead of just two (2)?

3) Can you provide an example of a strategy that uses the Parabolic SAR for the entry, stop and limit.  It would look something like this.

Entry:

= if(High Price intercepts Current PSAR Value from BELOW, "Long")
= if(LowPrice intercepts Current PSAR Value from ABOVE, "Short")

Exit:

= if(and(Current Position = Long, Low Price intercepts Current PSAR Value from ABOVE, "Exit Position")
= if(and(Current Position = Short, High Price intercepts Current PSAR Value from BELOW, "Exit Position")

[note: the Stop would actually be the Exit, so it does not need to be explicitly encoded as a pending Stop Order]

This is a simple always-in strategy, where the Trader's settings for Acceleration Factor and Extreme Price make the difference between success and failure in the trade.

Lastly, in most trading platforms that I am familiar with, the PSAR Indicator has only two external (Trader defined) inputs: Acceleration Factor and Extreme Price.  Some platforms will call them: "Step" and "Maximum."  In either case, there will typically be only two manual variables to control the location of the PSAR, relative to the actual price.  On the ST version of the PSAR, you show another variable called Increment

4) What is this Trader defined variable for in relation to the PSAR and what effect does the value have on the shape of the parabola relative to price?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Regards,
JediTrader

Re: Questions: Using an Indicator's Value as Entry and Exit

JediTrader wrote:

2) Is it possible to expand the Parabolic SAR Acceleration and Maximum to accept numbers with four (4) decimal places to the right of zero, instead of just two (2)?

you can do it youself just change parrameters in the code:
http://forexsb.com/library/source/Parabolic-SAR.html
and import as a Custom Indicator.

Re: Questions: Using an Indicator's Value as Entry and Exit

Fxwinner, thanks.  I appreciate the link.

I've figured out the other questions (1 and 3) above.  Can you or someone else answer question number 4, that defines what Increment means relative to PSAR inputs? 

I've not yet seen another trading platform that uses this variable input for PSAR.  Acceleration Factor and Extreme Price (Step and Maximum on other platforms) are the only two Trader defined (external user input) that I am aware of for the Indicator called, PSAR.

Thanks!

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → Questions: Using an Indicator's Value as Entry and Exit