Topic: Commandline for FSB Pro???

Popov,

I was wondering if you've ever considered exposing some command line features.  In particular, I would like to automate the "refreshing" of strategies -- i.e. input a list of *.XML files and have them re-optimized.

I have a script that can scroll back through an MT4 chart and load the data for all time frames, plus I have your ExportCsvData script -- so, I can automate the retrieving of the most recent broker data and populate FSB's Data folders.  If I could input *.XML files to FSB Pro and have it run the optimizer (using the current settings for the application) and then output new *.XML and *.mql4 files, along with a text file with resultant statistics, then I could automate the rest.  I would use Portfolio Maker to bundle the *.mql4 into a portfolio EA and redeploy to MT4.  In this way we could automate the "refreshing" of strategies with the most recent broker data.  How often this occurs would be up to the user -- e.g. daily, weekly,  monthly, whatever.  I can even automate back testing with MT4 Strategy Tester ahead of time -- since this also can be done from the command line.

Regards,
Steve

Re: Commandline for FSB Pro???

Several years ago, when FSB was open source, Sergei created an amazing system. It was a program that was able to open multiple instances of FSB inside and to automatically update the data and to tun multiple Optimizers. It was only possible with heavy modifications of the program.

The current FSB Pro has no API for remote operations.

On the other hand, I made experiments with EA Studio recently and managed to run it in the console easily. It provides all tools - Generator, Validator, Optimizer... and can be started with data and strategies. I used that for testing different settings. It is possible some day to pack it in Electron or other platform that run JS on the user's machine, however these platforms do not provide code protection currently.

I want very much to make my products open in order to be able to provide amazing features, however the ugly true is that I would not be able to maintain my company in that way. I tried hard for 10 years but I failed.

Popov -- thanks for your response.  And, you did NOT fail.  The 10 years was part of the evolution process to create the most innovative and valuable software applications available to retail traders.

Using existing scripts I can automate part of the "refreshing" process -- and I'm fine with that.  Since I'm lazy I thought I would ask if you had plans to expose some functionality via the command line -- making it possible to automate the entire process.

I understand the dilemma between making your products open and also protecting your intellectual property.  I think you've chosen a wise path.

More optimistically, I think that automating EA Studio may work better.

For example we may run a script within it in EASL to download data periodically, validate / optimize strategies and upload collections to FST. Or directly Portfolio experts.

Why not making something like that:

(start-automation
   (name "Strategies validation")
   (period (3 * 3600))
   (data.update-files ["EURUSD H1" "EURUSD M30"] "localhost/get-data")
   (collection.empty)
   (validator.load-collection "localhost/get-collection")   
   (validator.start)
   (collection.upload "localhost/set-collection") 
   (collection.empty))

Interesting -- thanks, Popov.

It's been a couple of months since I last used EA Studio and need to re-familiarize myself.  Yes -- running a script from within EA Studio (or even FSB-Pro) would be great.

It wasn't clear to me -- is this a feature that currently exists or are you saying this may be a way to provide automation and also provide code protection?

I'm researching different ways of providing customization for EA Studio. You see how many requests we have.
There is a long way ahead to make a workable solution, but the prototype works fine. I think I need at least an year to finish the scripting language and to start exposing different EA Studio settings.

Popov wrote:

I'm researching different ways of providing customization for EA Studio. You see how many requests we have.
There is a long way ahead to make a workable solution, but the prototype works fine. I think I need at least an year to finish the scripting language and to start exposing different EA Studio settings.

Well, you all are speaking of skill sets I don't currently have but I'm eager to watch EASL and other technologies bud and blossom.  Thanks for your efforts and labor!