forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

(Page 2 of 2)

Forex Software → Portfolio Expert → Portfolio expert in Demo and Live account experience

Pages Previous 1 2

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Re: Portfolio expert in Demo and Live account experience

It is easy.

We can use the MetaTrader's Sleep function. It takes time in milliseconds. For example. Sleep(1000) suspends the expert for 1 second and  Sleep(2000) suspends it for 2 seconds.

You can experiment.

Add this function in the OnBar function of the Portfolio Expert after the ManageSignal(signal); line. It will provide a delay after each order. (On line 136 for the current version of the expert)

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/portfolio-expert-add-order-wait-interval.png

I tested it on M1 chart very briefly and looks OK.

Please test it very carefully with minimum amount. Observe the Journal for messages. You can also adjust the TRADE_RETRY_WAIT = 1000 for any case.

Please share your experience because other traders may find this hint life (account) saving smile

It took more than a minute. HAHHHAHAHAHAH

28 (edited by GD 2018-08-08 06:19:54)

Hi Popov

1))) It looks that this solution works for ONE portfolio EA.
       For my broker is 2 secs. I am not sure if it works all time.
      It is a useful addition

2))) There is one more problem
       How the all thing will work when we run same EA in same currency in different charts.
       I did it with TestEA without the last change you suggested for 2 charts M1. Even the one trade could not run in both   EAs because of the 2 secs rule.                       

It looks that my broker check trade in the same currency and it needs 2 secs to start second trade independently from what EA comes the signal and I suppose same situation is for different TF when coincidence in time exist. Possibly it is same for any currency combination. He has a 2 secs rule.

I just left this broker. The next broker has Mt4 and Mt5 who work great as system but he has not serious historic data. It is the on;y problem but it is a big one.

It can be done to use a delay between all experts trades. I'll be out of the office today and with come with a solution tomorrow.

I think it must not be the same!!!

Pages Previous 1 2

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Portfolio Expert → Portfolio expert in Demo and Live account experience