forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Data Bars vs Tested Bars

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Data Bars vs Tested Bars

All,

How is it that the "Input Parameters - Data Bars" and the "Account Statistics - Tested Bars" can differ?  Is this due to the periods and smoothing methods of various indicators needing so many bars in order to get started?

Thanks,

Samuel

PS.  Hit the zoom button when viewing the image.

https://s33.postimg.cc/3kzcrgxzf/2018-08-07_Pic.jpg

Re: Data Bars vs Tested Bars

I is because the strategy requires some initial bars in order to calculate the first indicator parameters correctly. in your case, it requires 75 bars. Check the and you will see form where this number is coming. Most probably it is equal to the longest period + shift + 3. However some indicators has specific requirements.

FSB Pro and EA Studio doesn't trade before having a concrete indicator value. It is for a better robustness of the trading systems.

Re: Data Bars vs Tested Bars

Popov wrote:

I is because the strategy requires some initial bars in order to calculate the first indicator parameters correctly. in your case, it requires 75 bars. Check the and you will see form where this number is coming. Most probably it is equal to the longest period + shift + 3. However some indicators has specific requirements.

FSB Pro and EA Studio doesn't trade before having a concrete indicator value. It is for a better robustness of the trading systems.

Thanks Popov.  I thought that was the case.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Data Bars vs Tested Bars