forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → New Data import - Dukascopy

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: New Data import - Dukascopy

Hi,
i am an excited new user and wish to import my Dukascopy data, have tried unsuccessfully. Can anyone advise the process

Kind Regards
David

Re: New Data import - Dukascopy

Try TickStory Light. It has FSB format export integrated.

3 (edited by hannahis 2018-07-21 16:49:04)

Hi David,

Here is the link to download a free software that allows you to get data for different time frame so that you can build your strategies using LTF (Longer Time Frame) ie use multi time frames to build robust strategies

https://forexsb.com/forum/topic/6825/fr … me-frames/

4 (edited by david.mcdonald.eeha 2018-07-22 10:37:21)

Hi and Thankyou,
I will search forum in future as i guess many of my questions have already been answered.

I did niotice though SQ Tickdownloader does not do W1 Timeframe.

Kind Regards
David

5 (edited by hannahis 2018-07-22 13:40:57)

Hi David,

No worries, we all need help from time to time.  I'm much guilty of asking obvious questions when the answer lies right in front of my nose.

Popov, what happened to the Forum Search function (we used to have it in the past).  It would make search much easier by searching for some key words.

Also may I suggest you create another Topic/Column for specifically for Data issues.  That would make the search easier for new comers cos Data issues are foremost the important and essential question most new comers would ask.\

The Search link is in the middle of the forum's nav bar (only when logged in). There is also an advanced search option to the right of the Search page.

7 (edited by hannahis 2018-07-22 18:13:54)

Lol blind me. Guess I tend to view the forum without signing in, just for a quick glance and thus couldn't find the search feature.  Why only when sign in? I thought new visitors would need this as well to have a quick search and assess the products reviews etc. Not important,  just commenting

Hi All,
I am now downloading new data again as my GMT was assumed to be correct but after Backtesting with MT4 and Data from Tick Data suite i was not getting accurate backtest with different data source.

I wist to use the 3 data sources below and any comment will be appreciated

1. MT4 History data
    I have downloaded MT4 history data from my broker from a demo account for use in Forex Builder Profesional and wish to use for strategy developement only, i assume GMT will be correct as same broker ?

2. Tick Data Suite
    I currently use use for backtesting in MT4 only as tick data suite does not have the option for converting to different time frames, can this be done easily ?

3. SQ Tick downloader
    I have recent connection issues with SQ Tickdownlaoder and have not been able to download any data, does this still work ?   I wish to use for strategy developement only

Post's attachments

Tick Data Suite.docx 246.73 kb, 10 downloads since 2018-09-10 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Please see here more details for the supported data formats: [url=https://forexsb.com/wiki/fsb/manual/data_files]Data Files
Format[/url]

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → New Data import - Dukascopy