Topic: Steady crashes with more than 100000 Bars

I am continously re-optimize my strategies (all basing on 1-minute time-frame). After each day I am adding the newly obtained data to FSB and then optimize again. This of course means that the amount of bars FSB does need to handle is getting bigger each day. Things were going pretty fine with this until about 100000 bars have been reached, now that the data is getting more and more, the more often the FSB simply closes during the optimization. This also applies if I use the generator to create new strategies on more than 100000 bars, FSB simply closes after a certain amount of time.

I have enough RAM in the machine (8gb) and FSB does not use more than 600mb for it´s process usually, so that is not the problem.

From the Event Log in Windows 7 I have found that it always creates this error message when it closes in the event log (2 entries for each crash):

The description for Event ID 1000 from source Application Error cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Forex Strategy Builder.exe
4b84ee71
mscorwks.dll
4a27466f
c0000005
00000000001e3cd1

.NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.4927 - Fatal Execution Engine Error (000007FEF5E3FA42) (80131506)

Re: Steady crashes with more than 100000 Bars

I have 4GB of RAM, Windows XP x64 running with .NET framework 4.0. I have used both the strategy generator and optimization up to 600 000 bars of history without any problem.

I think that you should try to downgrade back to windows XP (x64 if you have more than 3,2 GB or ram) and upgrade your .NET framework runtime.

I do stick with Windows 7 as it is the most stable OS I´ve ever used. .NET Framework is the latest (4.0), just upgraded 2 weeks ago. However, FSB is still using .NET Framework 2.0 since it was made with that and .NET Framework always uses the version the program was made with. All new versions of .NET Framework also always include the older ones. So if FSB should use a new .NET Framework, the developer needs to switch to 4.0 when compiling FSB.

I usually optimize 1-2 parameters in the strategy, but I have tested upt to 6 parameters. be cautios with overoptimization.

I have no problems with craches. My system looks very stable. I run strategy generator for full 10 000 minutes while I improve my strategies. sometimes I'll optimize 200 000 - 400 000 bars and I have no craches.

I have AMD Pehnom X4 quard-core CPU. I usually run 3 instances of FST and up to 7-8 instances of FST at the same time.

footon wrote:

I have XP as well, but it crashes too when I optimize more than 3 parameters, how many parameters are you optimizing simultaenously?

Got it fixed, see http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/1535/imp … framework/