Topic: Does FSB-generated strategies support Renko charts?

Popov -- the reason I ask is that my portfolio of 40 strategies never trades.

I am using the same Renko indicator that a friend has used successfully.  I've installed it on EURUSD M1 and open offline charts.  I can see new, 10 pip bricks being created every couple of hours.  My strategies were generated, optimized and back tested using Renko data and have excellent stats and many trades (when back testing).  But no trades in a live account.

Are there any settings you are aware of that would prevent an FSB-generated strategy from opening trades on a Renko chart?

Thanks...

Re: Does FSB-generated strategies support Renko charts?

Please upload a data file for testing. We may find a solution.

Do you mean a strategy file (*.xml) or the data set file (*.csv) used to generate and optimize?  I've attached a strategy that has excellent stats when back tested against a renko data set, but has not yet traded.  However, since this is a single strategy then I'm not sure how frequently it should trade.  In my renko collection there are 40 strategies, and that should have been more than enough to get at least one trade after a few days in a live account.

As an aside -- have you used Renko charts?  Do you have any pros or cons?

Post's attachments

15018036.xml 12.01 kb, 6 downloads since 2017-09-15 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Made a quick test myself also, trading works, but position closing is off...

https://s26.postimg.org/jbheqcsx1/bal.jpg

Excellent -- thank you for checking.  So now I know there must be something else I'm doing wrong.  I appreciate your help.

Did you get any resolution to this? Did you successfully start trading with Renko?

It's not supported out-of-the-box, but it can be done.

It's been awhile and I forget the details but, basically, you need to create a *.csv file with Renko bars.  The *.csv file would be your data source and you would treat it like any other data source.  One problem that I recall is I had to name the *.csv using a common symbol.  Since I don't usually trade EURGBP then I named it EURGBP60.csv and this allowed it to be recognized by FSBPro.

Have a look at this to get started

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=572375

You may encounter a lot of problems attempting to use Renko in FSBPro due to the way the bars are constructed. You will have to check very carefully.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

For those that is interested

AFAIK, the workaround is to trick FSB into thinking the csv it is using is the downloaded data by replacing it with your own renko based CSV.

but i found it to be quite unreliable when used with FSB to do EA backtesting. much of the testing are time based while Renko data isn't. I personally haven't found a good way to do Renko backtesting properly.

You are right. FSB Pro was initially designed to find trend-following strategies. Later the program was expanded with many new setups, but it is not designed to work with Renko charts.