forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategies → I generate 20 strategies on 7 pair for Daily charts but no trades

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: I generate 20 strategies on 7 pair for Daily charts but no trades

Hi guys. I generate 20 strategies on 7 pair for Daily charts on bar opening but its do not producing any trades. Anybody know why? Thanks.

Re: I generate 20 strategies on 7 pair for Daily charts but no trades

Please check your experts in the MT Tester. If they work there, they will work on the charts.

Anyway, this is a very common question.
It is important to understand that the strategies start trading not when you put on the chart, but when the used indicators form a suitable signal.

Especially on a D1 chart, it may take weeks before the first trade.

For the last week it's doesn't made any trades but in a tester they are exist.

Post's attachments

1.jpg 273.04 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I try to test it live on 1 minute chart but it still not opening orders. In tester on 1 minute period its opening orders just in 00:00 where should be opened daily but just on date when test starts. After that no more trades. Can somebody help?

Post's attachments

5.jpg 225.85 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Everything looks fine on your screenshot. Do you see any errors? If not, it means that there are no signals.
I'm not familiar with the entry indicators you use, but its value looks normal.

Please report, if you find more info or some suspicious behavior.

(I'm moving your posts in a new topic because they are not related to the current topic)

6 (edited by geektrader 2018-03-23 11:43:33)

ivanskyy wrote:

I try to test it live on 1 minute chart but it still not opening orders. In tester on 1 minute period its opening orders just in 00:00 where should be opened daily but just on date when test starts. After that no more trades. Can somebody help?

May I ask which broker you are using? Possibly Pepperstone or Global Prime? The reason is this, both brokers have a trading break at 0:00, but still stream prices. So your EA will try to enter at that time (start of a new daily bar), but can´t, because it will get rejected with "market is closed". Do you see any such error in the "journal" tab?

I am avoiding this by adding my custom code to the EA´s to do a trading break from 23:59 to 0:01 server-time, so the order can be placed at 0:01 by the EA. It´s not exactly accurate like in the backtests then, but at least you get in. And believe me, you anyway do not wish to open the order at 0:00, as this is roll-over-time and spreads jump to 30 to 40 pips for that minute VERY often. So it´s better to wait for 0:01. Maybe Popov can insert such a simple function into the generic code of FSB (and EA Studio). Here is how I do it in my EAs, maybe that helps. I simply check if the "trading break" is currently active at the same place I check for a new bar (which would be needed in order to enter a trade, as my EAs only trade on bar open):

extern string TradingBreakFrom = "23:59";
extern string TradingBreakUntil = "00:01";

static datetime timeCur;
   bool isNewBar = false;
   if (timeCur != Time[0] && checkTradingBreak(TradingBreakFrom, TradingBreakUntil) == false) {
   isNewBar = true;
   timeCur=Time[0];
   }

if(isNewBar){

bool checkTradingBreak(string TimeFrom, string TimeTo)
{
    bool RevertRange = false;

if (TimeStringToDateTime(TimeTo) < TimeStringToDateTime(TimeFrom))
        RevertRange = true;

if (RevertRange == false && (TimeCurrent() < TimeStringToDateTime(TimeFrom) || TimeCurrent() > TimeStringToDateTime(TimeTo)))
    {
        return(false);
    }
    else if (RevertRange == true && (TimeCurrent() > TimeStringToDateTime(TimeTo) && TimeCurrent() < TimeStringToDateTime(TimeFrom)))
    {
        return(false);
    }

return(true);
}

datetime TimeStringToDateTime(string time) {
   string date = TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(),TIME_DATE);//"yyyy.mm.dd"
   return (StrToTime(date + " " + time));
}

What this does is to simply NOT tell the EA that a new bar has opened if we are currently within the trading-break. So the "new bar event" which normally would have happened at 0:00, gets delayed until 0:01, regardless of the timeframe of the chart, it can place the order at 0:01 and does not have to wait until the next "real" bar (which would be very bad for H1 / H4 / D1 strategies). Maybe an idea for Popov.... ;-)

My broker is UkrGasBank and they have fixed spread. I tried yesterday to put order manually at 00:00 and I placed it but I late a couple seconds. I didn't checked if there was some mistakes but need to check it today. I was thinking the same that would be better to send the order later then 00:00. Could you help me whit placing your code in Expert? Thankyou.

Post's attachments

Exper.txt 295.8 kb, 5 downloads since 2018-03-23 

8 (edited by yonkuro 2018-03-24 01:10:03)

Do you use historical data from your broker on EA Studio?

do or do not there is no try

I am not sure that I use it correct. Can it be the problem?

What does it mean -  Histogram unknown?

Post's attachments

6.jpg 105.67 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

If you trade on a timeframa that is higher than H1, the slightest GMT difference will lead into different result even if you're using simple indicators like moving average.

The issue also might come from what kind of indicator you use to generate the strategy.

do or do not there is no try

Thanks.

Now it's works. The problem was that I was using not my broker data to generate strategies. Thanks guys.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategies → I generate 20 strategies on 7 pair for Daily charts but no trades