forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Trade crypto currencies with EA Studio

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by ChristianS 2018-02-18 18:31:01)

Topic: Trade crypto currencies with EA Studio

Hi, my broker offers the major crypto currencies in the MT4. Have anyone experiences how we can handle cryptos in the EA Studio? I usedthe same MT4 download file for currency histories but the spread is much more bigger as in major currencies.

Addtional the history is not so large, maybe we can trade the cryptos in a smaller timeframe like 5 minutes. But I am not sure if I can trust the EA studio Reactor results for crypto currencies like the EURUSD?

Thanks to share your experience, Chris.

Re: Trade crypto currencies with EA Studio

Hello Chris,

You can create Crypto currency strategies in the same way as you do it for Forex symbols.

We made an extensive tests on the topic to be sure that everything is OK. We found several issues:

1. Lack of good history data. The brokers provide very short history on Crypto currencies and even worse, some older data are broken. You have to check the data carefully. You will have problems to find strategies that make enough deals for a proper statistical analysis. You have to remove the "Minimum count of trades" requirement from the Acceptance Criteria.

2. Too high spread. The brokers increased the Crypto currencies spread several months ago and made very difficult to find profitable strategies. We have created several strategies for BTCUSD and ETHUSD, which almost all works on a good profit until our broker increased the spreads. You have to be careful about that.

3. Big price number. We all have used to work with relatively smaller numbers of the FX symbols prices. Working with thousands is a little bit uncomfortable. It makes more difficult to decide what ranges of SL and TP to use. You have to be careful because some brokers use 2 and another 3 digits for the BTCUSD quotations. You have to consider that when you set the spreads.

Besides the above problems, the strategies and portfolios work fine. You have to be also careful for the broker behavior. I know some that become very nervous when the traders start winning.

Trade Safe!

Re: Trade crypto currencies with EA Studio

ChristianS wrote:

Hi, my broker offers the major crypto currencies in the MT4. Have anyone experiences how we can handle cryptos in the EA Studio? I usedthe same MT4 download file for currency histories but the spread is much more bigger as in major currencies.

Addtional the history is not so large, maybe we can trade the cryptos in a smaller timeframe like 5 minutes. But I am not sure if I can trust the EA studio Reactor results for crypto currencies like the EURUSD?

Thanks to share your experience, Chris.

They are inefficient to trade as CFD via a Metatrader broker. Brokers need to maintain high spread as the volatility is very high since the crypto exchanges are actually illuqid and causing wide bid-ask spreads(even they are as low as 0$ on orderbook,a $500k order can easily causing 50$ spread which broker can't hedge instantly). Making them partly inefficient, since you need to set TP-SL search limits staring from 10000pt for a 10$ move.

Currencies become more profitable then.

Maybe, if possible, an interface to Tradingview API's will be a great step. There are already some interfaces for autotrading with Tradingview on crypto exchanges yet none have features EA suites have. It is a wide and fast spreading market with people are willing to pay much for such tools (a limited capability trading bot with a few strategies can easily being sold for 1000$).

BTW, it is around 15-20 billon $ being traded on crytpo exchanges, which may be taken as significantly high compared to Retail Fx which is around 60-70 billion (from BIS reports, that 5trillion comes down 60-70 billion on retail brokers).

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Trade crypto currencies with EA Studio