1 (edited by tims3057 2018-02-07 15:33:15)

Topic: SSBO - The Stairstep Breakout System

Hello good people..I have been trying to setup this strategy

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=302007

with the Forex Strategy builder but I dont know how to input the settings into the forex strategy builder.I will be very glad if someone can point me in the right direction , screenshots will be much better since a picture is worth a thousand words.Green pips to you good people.

Re: SSBO - The Stairstep Breakout System

Hello Tims,

Please post the trading rules of the strategy and we will try to implement it.

3 (edited by tims3057 2018-02-07 22:59:16)

Thanks for the kind response Popov.The strategy is a consolidation breakout strategy.And this is how it works:

A typical Consolidation Zone 22 pips tall by 37 bars in length.Trade the breakout.Buy at top of consildation zone and sell at the bottom of consolidation zone. The rules are simple but I dont know how to enter the rules into the Forex Strategy Builder.

I want to be able to set this up in the FOREX Strategy Builder and optimise the settings.How do I do that ?I will be very pleased if you can point me in the right direction.Thank you in advance

Popov wrote:

Hello Tims,

Please post the trading rules of the strategy and we will try to implement it.

It is very interesting. Thank you for pointing that strategy. Currently we don't have a Consolidation Zone indicator (at least I don't find one with that name in the repo). Please request that indicator in the Custom Indicators topics and describe how it works with as many details as you have. some of our advanced users may help you with it.

5 (edited by tims3057 2018-02-09 09:34:54)

Thanks for the kind response once again Popov.A custom indicator was consolidation zone indicator with mql source code was coded for the strategy.I have attached the indicator and the pdf manual for the indicator.I hope to hear from you soon moving forward on how to put the indicator in the forex strategy builder and how we can generate strategies with it.Thank you

Popov wrote:

It is very interesting. Thank you for pointing that strategy. Currently we don't have a Consolidation Zone indicator (at least I don't find one with that name in the repo). Please request that indicator in the Custom Indicators topics and describe how it works with as many details as you have. some of our advanced users may help you with it.

Post's attachments

AuthorizedSSBODynamicBreakoutBoxFinalEdition.mq4 41.3 kb, 16 downloads since 2018-02-09 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

And here is the pdf manual of the consolidation zone custom indicator.

Post's attachments

AuthorizedSSBODynamicBreakoutBoxFinalEdition.pdf 661.18 kb, 27 downloads since 2018-02-09 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Play with the Donchian Channel to get breakouts

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Thank you for the tip but I dont know how to do that..

Blaiserboy wrote:

Play with the Donchian Channel to get breakouts

Search Google to learn about Donchian Channel

Do an optimization using Donchian channel

Then study the charts in FSBPro to see how it works.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....