Topic: Experiences from demo to live accounts

Hey everyone,

My name is Roman, just hit my second week as a licensed member of FSB Pro. Looking forward to being able to contribute as much as the seasoned vets after ironing out this learning curve I've taken on with these FSB tools.

I was looking to see what some experiences users have had between demo testing and going live FSB vs Studio. I've been looking through a lot of posts (as much as my brain can handle after a 9 hour work day).

FSB from what I've been playing with in Data Horizon and OOS plus walk forward have seen some interesting stats on back tests. Where my curiosity is, if backtesting, OOS of 25% and then walking forward of 3 months or so, how much demo testing is recommended after that? If it survives up to even that point with good results, how much demo is just wasting time?

EA Studio doesn't allow as many bars to be able to do this same in depth testing. So from what I've seen is 3 months the perfect incubator time to let  them "prove" themselves?

Any feedback would be extremely appreciated. I've set some steep goals for this investment in myself so trying to hit the ground running.

Re: Experiences from demo to live accounts

Hi
I am still new to all this....I took a portfolio generated by EA Studio and put it in a demo account. I also took the same portfolio and put it in a live account. The results were different..not by a lot but different.
I put whatever EAs I make on a live account with 0.01 lots. I follow the same logic you mentioned...if it has gone through all the tests then why should it not do well.
Regards,

Hey Araza,

Thanks for the input! What timeframes are you experiencing success in? I was a little worried since I haven't pulled the trigger yet on my live account. But even so some of the results on demo were very depressing. Had an M1 EA wreck my demo account the past two days.

Regards,

I only do H1. Not very successful so far but not giving up.

Gotcha, been falling flat on my face with M1, same story! I saw I came and I will conquor.

I suggest that you look at a higher time frame unless you want to donate continually to  your broker.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....