forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Forex Strategy Builder Professional v3.8.6. EA Code v46

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Forex Strategy Builder Professional v3.8.6. EA Code v46

Hello Traders,

Forex Strategy Builder Professional v3.8.6 is uploaded. There are two fixes in this release:

* Fixed a bug in the Cumulative Sum indicator with calculating the first bar.
  * Removed minimum profit per day from the default settings of the Acceptance Criteria.

The Expert Advisors code is updated to v46.

There are two indicators fixed.

* Cumulative Sum indicator - fixed the calculating of the first bar.
  * Rate of Change indicator - fixed Moving Average.

If you use some of these indicators, please re-export the corresponding expert advisors.

Best regards,
Miroslav Popov

2 (edited by hannahis 2018-01-04 08:23:58)

Re: Forex Strategy Builder Professional v3.8.6. EA Code v46

Hi Popov,

I must say that this latest version is by far the best I ever encountered and I believe more to come.  I'm eagerly looking forward for the next update to see how things can be improved further.

Currently, I'm getting terrific results from the optimization tools. 

I've been experimenting with many different methods,

1) Optimize my existing good EA (I call it Fine-tuning process).
2) Put in my "Basic Building Block" of what I think constitute good trading theory and let the Optimization search for better settings.
3) Targeted Optimization - eg Untick Opening Conditions so as to Optimize Closing Conditions and vice versa.  Based on the Entry/Exit Accuracy, I can then zoom in whether to improve the Opening or the Closing conditions

I must say I'm pleasantly surprise with the good results I'm getting.  Hence, the implication would also mean to show how much the backtesting methodology has improved over the recent past version.  And I can now rely more and more on the backtesting and FSB's Optimization/Generator to search for me profitable EA.

Thanks so much for your relentless efforts to improve the software and I'm also glad that I can finally have an effective tools to fine-tune my existing good EA.

Keep up the good work and may the year 2018 bring you and us good tidings.

Best Regards
Hannah

Hello Hannah,

Thank you for the good words!

I have 3-4 thing to improve in EA Studio for about a month and then I plan to work on FSB Pro till the end of the year.

We will add many new thing including the best features we tested in Ea Studio.

Hi Popov, will it be possible in the next months to import the *.json history files from EA Studio also into FSB?

Or can I today convert the *json file into a FSB readable format, when I only need the same history data as I use in EA Studio?

Regards Chris

Hello Chris,

This are the first two items of my FSB Pro ToDo list:

FSB Pro to import .json data files with EA Studio format.
FSB Pro to import strategies from EA Studio

This is more complex than it sounds but it will be implemented in FSB Pro for sure.

Hi Popov,

would you please add stagnation as one of optimizer criteria for both FSB Pro and EA Studio?

Regards

do or do not there is no try

Popov wrote:

Hello Chris,

This are the first two items of my FSB Pro ToDo list:

FSB Pro to import .json data files with EA Studio format.
FSB Pro to import strategies from EA Studio

This is more complex than it sounds but it will be implemented in FSB Pro for sure.

The ability to import ea studio files in fsb pro would be very welcome, I've had a hard time reproducing the results against the same indicators and data so the ability to use the full range of tools in fsb pro would be wonderful.

Keep up the good work!

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Forex Strategy Builder Professional v3.8.6. EA Code v46