forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Error "An item with the same key has already been added

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Error "An item with the same key has already been added

Hi,

I wasn't sure where to post this.
I am getting an error in FSB pro. 
This happens when I open it up and when try to open any strategy and it seems to happen every time I click on anything at all.

https://s18.postimg.org/jnk4nx9b9/error_screen_print.jpg

Can someone help me with this please?
Thank you

Re: Error "An item with the same key has already been added

It can be from a custom indicator or from a data source.

You can try to fix it by deleting the ".dll" files from C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\Libraries" folder.

If it does not fix the problem, you have to remove all custom indicators from the "Indicators" folder (ddl must be cleaned again because FSB Pro will recover them after the launch).

You can also try to temporary remove the "DataSource..." files form the System folder.

Eventually you have to remove and install a clean copy of FSB Pro. You can backup you data files and strategy first.

Please report the result.

Thank you Popov.
I found the data file that was causing the problem.
I deleted it and created a new one.
It all works fine now.

Thank you very much Popov

I found the data file that was causing the problem.

Can  you share more details? It will be useful for anyone of this forum.

Okay sure.

What I did to find the file was I renamed all the EURUSD files and I then closed FSB and opened it again.  The error was no longer present so I knew the error was in one of those files.  I then went through and renamed half of them back to the original names and opened and closed FSB and I found that the error returned.  I kept doing this until I had found the file that was causing the problem.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Error "An item with the same key has already been added