Topic: EA Life

Hi,
I constantly hear from people that a time comes when a good EA becomes bad..meaning it loses its ability to make money.
I also hear that one should constantly keep on making EAs and putting them on demo accounts.

Please confirm with your findings.
I would be grateful if someone answered the following questions:
1. Why does a good EA die out with time? Or what in your experience makes EA go bad. What factors?
2. Do you constantly generate EAs and test them or you just stick to your own strategies that you have developed over years.

I am new so have no strategies of my own so rely on what the generator gives me. My testing experience is also not much so don't want to reinvent the wheel when so many of you have already gone through what I am going through now.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Regards,

Re: EA Life

Nice question -- I'm also curious to hear how others reply...

For me, now, this is what I do -- I'm content with the results but also striving to get better.  If you ask the questions again next month I could answer differently:

1. An EA is simply a math formula -- it is a small computer program that does some simple algebra to compute a result and compare it to some threshold.  If the threshold is exceeded, then it assumes there is a signal.  So, I don't think it "dies out" with time -- rather, the formula is no longer valid for the current data.  It may be the formula becomes relevant again next week, next year or never.

2. I enjoy using Popov's software and generating new strategies.  And as I become more familiar with the software and its capabilities and learn new tricks then the strategies are getting better (i.e. better statistics and back testing results).  So, I go with new strategies -- not because I think the old ones have "died out" but, rather, because the new ones have better stats and I feel greater potential to succeed.

I don't think there is a right answer here.  However, I do think it is fair to say that because the nature of Forex data is so dynamic it's better to be light on your toes and willing to adapt rather than attempt to carve some recipe in stone that you think will always apply.  I don't know -- just my two cents...

I think there is no algorithm that works in every situation. Impossible with nowadays technology.

But there are several stategies that are let's say timeless.

Like martingale or hedging "loss recovery strategy".

First one I think can be improved within the FSB pro, second one should be implemented.

They offer more possibilites if someone likes those trading styles.

Please elaborate as to which strategies are timeless.....

Please list a few.

Thank you

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

I already mentioned Martingale (Buying and selling more with doubling up).
And Loss recovery zone strategy.
See this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX-PxQhCG9A

I have a lot of experience with Martingale strategies (not from FSBPro) and they all blow up eventually.

schullch wrote:

I already mentioned Martingale (Buying and selling more with doubling up).
And Loss recovery zone strategy.
See this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX-PxQhCG9A

Maybe someone should share knowledge on how to make such an EA in FSB.

Best practice is to focus on one thing, master that...... avoid skipping from, method to method until one is mastered