Topic: Error for almost all FSB strategies

Hi
Please see the screenshot. I have been getting this error for almost all strategies when backtesting in MT4.
I have looked at the video and use the entire data but still get this.
Thanks & Regards,
Ali Raza

Post's attachments

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 9.18.49 AM.png 53.37 kb, 1 downloads since 2017-12-07 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Error for almost all FSB strategies

The problem is that your expert need of minim 143 bars but MetaTrader load only 100 bars at the beginning of the backtest.
In order to make MT loading more bars, you have to set some start date of the test that will ensure there are enough bars.

https://s2.postimg.org/529r1csrt/screenshot_56.png

3 (edited by Irmantas 2017-12-07 09:37:29)

Hi araza, does Popov's suggestion fixed the problem? If not, you can try to export strategy from FSB with one indicators max period 200, after loading to mt4 you set that 200 period to the original wanted value. For me it solved "minimum bars needed".. and "array out of range" errors in mt5. And if that is a case, I give about 80% probability that your strategy uses shifting, and it causes this problem big_smile

Thanks...I put the date after I calculated when MT4 will have the 143 bars and it worked.

Popov wrote:

The problem is that your expert need of minim 143 bars but MetaTrader load only 100 bars at the beginning of the backtest.
In order to make MT loading more bars, you have to set some start date of the test that will ensure there are enough bars.

https://s2.postimg.org/529r1csrt/screenshot_56.png

Hi Popov, I tried the solution you have posted, but the error doesn't dissappear. Any suggestion? Thanks

You probably use some modifications to MT that prevent it loading more data. Please contact their developers or a solution.