Topic: Ambiguous Bars

I simply did a CSV export from the script. Added the data to the folder and I am getting ambiguous bars for all data for all pairs.
Please see screenshot

Post's attachments

Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 1.17.12 PM.png 27.28 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

2 (edited by araza 2017-11-27 11:14:02)

Re: Ambiguous Bars

Intra bars stats is blank with nothing in it.

Post's attachments

Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 3.12.23 PM.png 67.11 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Ok so I uninstalled and reinstalled FSB. I downloaded the demo data to check if my broker data import was giving problems. I selected H1 and ran the generator and also checked the history center. FSB is not doing intrabar scanning for me.
What gives?
Screenshot attached.

Post's attachments

Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 3.29.11 PM.png 125.58 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

The ambiguous bars are result of different way the strategy orders can be executed. This stats parameter is a mostly result of the strategy logic instead of the day data series.

Your first screenshot show shows that your strategy doesn't trade. Probably it has no opening logic conditions and the backtester cannot decide if you want to open long or short, so it marks all bars as ambiguous.

What about intrabar scanning? I dont see the breakup like I used to when it took into account all TF and showed a color bar

From what you have posted, I do not see a strategy... are you getting these ambiguous bars after you have a strategy.

From what I have learned is that it can show as ambiguous and then once you have a strategy the ambiguous bars become more acceptable....

So.. are these results showing after you build a strategy and run the generator?

Kindly post the strategy and the screen shots, I am sure that Popov will have a look at it for you as this is not a common occurrence.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Please see attached screenshot with comments.
Regards,

Post's attachments

Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 7.43.15 PM.png 140.02 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

It is unclear what you are doing. at the start of the thread you were discussing ambiguous bars

Let's resolve one issue at a time.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

You can switch on the intrabar scanning from the Control Panel.

https://s2.postimg.org/9ww02gvx5/screenshot_467.png

All issues resolved gentlemen. Thank you for your help. Appreciate you taking the time.