Topic: Tool to analyse

Hi,
Is anyone suing a toll or a method to check how a strategy is doing compared to back testing...so for example the strategy said it should on average make $1 per day...it has been 2 months and the results are not what I expected..it is still making money but not what was "expected" and to do general analysis...backtest vs. actual
Thanks

Re: Tool to analyse

Describe a little more what you wish to analyze.....

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Simply put I make a portfolio of 5 EAs and chose drawdown of less than 5%. so my assumption is that if all of them go down to the drawdown level..the entire account cannot go down more than 25% (ideal situation). Now the portfolio goes down (equity not profit) down by 50%. Obviously it is not good but what sort of analysis can I do to monitor. This was just 5EAs..I run over 70 EA portfolio on demo account also.

Plus on average the EAs had a profit of $1 per day. so on average the 5 EAs should have $100 per month. There is no way to monitor or compare...I know it is an average number but if it is lets say 40 or 120 then there is no way for me to know whether the EAs are on track or not.

I understand that as long as it is making money it is a good EA but there should be a comparison tool or an analysis tool to make it better.
Thanks

Mt4 tracker from sleytus.

Hi,
I have some excel from this book author: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1118778987?aa … 6216260901

He takes average trade, and calculates deviation bands around your real systems PL smile This is your systems "expectation". I am in the same search like you. Probably will use this excel with some adjustments, maybe will do some macros for importing mt4 statements...

https://image.prntscr.com/image/FWvk-9FoSfaRX71h0-BOqQ.png

Post's attachments

Daily_Tracking_Worksheet.xls 69.5 kb, 5 downloads since 2017-11-07 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Actually these bands would be great for Sleytus mt4 tracker smile If you are reading this, maybe you can think about future update, to make system specific two input fields for this average and deviation variables. It is important to know when you need to turn off systems. And turning them after few losses in a row is not the best way.