Topic: Two problems (?)

I appreciate this fine software, and the generosity of the author in making it available.

I am trying to familiarize myself with the FSB by attempting to program a known day trading procedure called Zero Line Cross.  I have run across the following problems:

1. Is it possible to program a trade entry point when the price exceeds the high (when going long) of the bar that signalled entry?  The closest simulation of this kind of entry that I can think of is entering on one of the resistance points on the Pivot indicator.

2. The software is not allowing me to put in more than one closing logic condition.  Thus, if I set a stop loss, I can't set a target, and vice versa.  The "Add a closing logic condition" button is inoperative once the first condition is entered.

Thank you.

Steve

Re: Two problems (?)

I see that closing position logic filters are only available when using the price close or day close.  I am still puzzled how to set both a price target and stop loss as a closing condition.

Steve

See Stop Limit indicator. It sets both Take Profit and Stop Loss levels.

The only way to use different closing logic is to set into closing slots your exit strategy logic and to use "Close" or "Reverse" for Opposite direction signal. In this case you receive a reversing entry system, that in the same time is protected from the closing logic.

Popov: Thank you for your helpful response.

Can the software be programmed to enter a trade if the bar after the signal bar reaches or exceeds the high (if going long) of the signal bar?

Forex Strategy Builder V 2.5.1.0
Strategy name: New
Exported on: 7/9/2007 1:06:26 PM

Market: EURUSD 1 Day
Spread: 4 pips
Swap Number: 1 pip

Intrabar scanning: Not accomplished
Interpolaton method: Pessimistic scenario
Ambiguous bars: 1534
Tested bars: 4726
Balance: -112601 pips
Minimum account: -112601 pips
Maximum drawdown: 112739 pips
Time in position: 85 %

A same direction signal - Does nothing
An opposite direction signal - Reverses the position

[Opening point of the position]
Donchian Channel
     Open long at the Up Band
     Period  -  1
     Shift  -  0

[Closing point of the position]
Stop Limit
     Exit at Stop Loss or at Take Profit level
     Stop Loss  -  -30
     Take Profit  -  50

* Enter long at the previous High
* Enter short at the previous Low

* If opposite signal - reverse
* Stop Loss level 30 pips
* Take Profit level  50 pips

(FSB V 2.5.1.0 will be available tomorrow!)

Great application of the Donchian channel for the purpose of opening at the previous high.