Topic: Problems with Uploading MT4 Chart Price History -Screen shot 1
To the Forum:
Miraslov instructed me to post this issue in the Forum. The following is the previous email exchange regarding this issue. I have attached screenshots of my Symbols page, Data Source page and your data folder.
I appreciate anyone's assistance in this matter.
From: info <email@example.com>
To: 'Florida Traders LLC' <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Thu, Oct 26, 2017 2:07 am
Subject: RE: Problems with Uploading MT4 Chart Price History and OOS Question
Please post the technical questions in the forum. I cannot see the reason for the data loading problem from your description from the way you describe it. Please post screenshots of the Symbols page, Data Source page and your data folder.
About the OOS, the Optimizer loads only data as per the OOS settings. After the optimization, it loads the full data set and recalculates the full strategy.
From: Florida Traders LLC [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 10:06 PM
Subject: Problems with Uploading MT4 Chart Price History and OOS Question
I am successfully demo trading with EAs created with the limited default symbols. I have been attempting for many days now, to import my remaining symbol history from my broker's MT4. It appears the FSB default symbols are running with the data uploaded from my MT4 charts. I am using your Export Data to CSV script.
1. Control Panel/Account/Active Profile is set to my Profile: FinPro Demo
2. Control Panel/Symbols: All of my symbols have been entered with Symbol Settings
3. Control Panel/Data Horizon: The Active Data Source is set to the correct source - TurnkeyFX / The correct Data Horizon is entered 9-11-17 to 10-20-17
4. Max intrabars set at 50,000
5. Control Panel/Data Sources: C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\Data\FinPro Demo Chart Data Create data directory box is checked
6. History Center/Data Download: All default symbols are checked. I changed the Data Source to TurnkeyFX and downloaded, numerous times All default symbols are available with the TurnkeyFX data
I continue to get the FSB error message: "Could not find C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\Data\FinPro Demo Chart Data\(File name.csv)". No history data loads on the FSB Strategy page. All symbol uploaded history data files by the script are in the FinPro Demo Chart Data folder
The script uploads far more history than specified in the Data Horizon. The script does not name the files with a .csv extension and format as described in the FSB User Guide or formats the files in ASCII text. I manually renamed some of the script loaded files with the format AUDCAD60.csv and still got the same error message "Could not find". I did not try to convert the script loaded files to ASCII text.
I have exited and restarted FSB many times, to see if a reboot would fix the problem. I even deleted the FSB software and re-installed. Neither fixed the problem. It appears FSB only recognizes the FSB default symbols and will not recognize any other symbols.
I appreciate your assistance to solve this aggravating problem.