Topic: Problems with Uploading MT4 Chart Price History -Screen shot 1

To the Forum:

Miraslov instructed me to post this issue in the Forum. The following is the previous email exchange regarding this issue. I have attached screenshots of my Symbols page, Data Source page and your data folder.

I appreciate anyone's assistance in this matter.

Original Message-----
To: 'Florida Traders LLC' <floridatraderllc@aol.com>
Sent: Thu, Oct 26, 2017 2:07 am
Subject: RE: Problems with Uploading MT4 Chart Price History and OOS Question

Hello Fred,

Please post the technical questions in the forum. I cannot see the reason for the data loading problem from your description from the way you describe it. Please post screenshots of the Symbols page, Data Source page and your data folder.

About the OOS, the Optimizer loads only data as per the OOS settings. After the optimization, it loads the full data set and recalculates the full strategy.

Best regards,
Miroslav Popov

From: Florida Traders LLC [mailto:floridatraderllc@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 10:06 PM
To: info@forexsb.com
Subject: Problems with Uploading MT4 Chart Price History and OOS Question

Miraslov,

I am successfully demo trading with EAs created with the limited default symbols. I have been attempting for many days now, to import my remaining symbol history from my broker's MT4. It appears the FSB default symbols are running with the data uploaded from my MT4 charts. I am using your Export Data to CSV script.

1.    Control Panel/Account/Active Profile is set to my Profile: FinPro Demo

2.    Control Panel/Symbols:  All of my symbols have been entered with Symbol Settings

3.    Control Panel/Data Horizon:  The Active Data Source is set to the correct source - TurnkeyFX / The correct Data Horizon is entered 9-11-17 to 10-20-17

4.    Max intrabars set at  50,000

5.    Control Panel/Data Sources:   C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\Data\FinPro Demo Chart Data                 Create data directory box is checked

6.    History Center/Data Download:  All default symbols are checked.   I changed the Data Source to TurnkeyFX and downloaded, numerous times  All default symbols are available with the TurnkeyFX data

I continue to get the FSB error message: "Could not find C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\Data\FinPro Demo Chart Data\(File name.csv)". No history data loads on the FSB Strategy page. All symbol uploaded history data files by the script are in the FinPro Demo Chart Data folder

The script uploads far more history than specified in the  Data Horizon. The script does not name the files with a .csv extension and format as described in the FSB User Guide or formats the files in ASCII text. I manually renamed some of the script loaded files with the format  AUDCAD60.csv and still got the same error message "Could not find". I did not try to convert the script loaded files to ASCII text.

I have exited and restarted FSB many times, to see if a reboot would fix the problem. I even deleted the FSB software and re-installed. Neither fixed the problem. It appears FSB only recognizes the FSB default symbols and will not recognize any other symbols.

I appreciate your assistance to solve this aggravating problem.

Post's attachments

FSB Screenshot - Data Folder.jpg 366.38 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Problems with Uploading MT4 Chart Price History -Screen shot 1

The Data Source screen shot

Florida Trader

Try to change the "Base file name" for the symbols in order to make it possible to load files with a lower dash.

https://s1.postimg.org/7fd7hy1g9b/screenshot_35.png

Click on the "Open Data Directory" in the Data Source page to check the folder path.

https://s1.postimg.org/4o459vnp4v/screenshot_36.png

Check the "Output Log" for error messages.

Check the Data Statistic page for error messages.

https://s1.postimg.org/6rm84fyin3/screenshot_37.png

4 (edited by Florida Trader 2017-10-26 20:14:48)

Miraslov,

I entered the lower dash to the Base File Name in the Symbols page to all Symbols. I selected a non-default symbol (NZDCAD_) I opened the Directory in Data Sources, the correct file opened, no error message. I opened the Data Statistics page and only the default symbol EURUSD populated. No NZDCAD_ and no error message. I opened a new strategy and selected NZDCAD_ and got no history with error message, "Could not find C:\Programs Files|Forex Strartegy Builder Pro\User Files\Data\FinPro Demo Chart Data\NZDCAD1440.csv file

What's next?

Thanks.

In addition, when the default symbol EURUSD D1 loaded in Data Statistics, instead of my selected NZDCAD_, the EURUSD had the prefix for my broker server. So my broker data is getting to the default symbols.

Please attach screenshots from your Symbols and Data Source pages.

The way FSB Pro loads data is established from the first release and now it has more than 100 000 unique installations. Most probably the problem is local.