forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → LTF Strategy to shorter time frame does not match at all ?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by Andreas7 2017-10-19 08:07:10)

Topic: LTF Strategy to shorter time frame does not match at all ?

When I have a system created and then I put in symbol and timeframe in LTF and switch to a shorter time frame, and do not change anything else the results do not match at all sometimes. I cannot see why there should be so much difference when I have daily system and apply the same strategy to H4 except the shorter amount of available data. I checked that and also I have nearly no ambig. bars. When I put in EURUSD D1 for longer time frame to all indicators and it should not change the performance (except to time span accordingly of course) when I set H4, or H1. Sometimes when I switch to different broker data for the shorter time frame I get nearly a match to the corresponding long term results, but not with the data from same broker. That looks a bit strange. Any suggestions ?

Re: LTF Strategy to shorter time frame does not match at all ?

Are you doing it the other way round? As you can read here - https://forexsb.com/wiki/fsbpro_guide/i … time_frame - LTF period must be larger than the main data period of the strategy and if you set a shorter time frame, for example M15, Forex Strategy Builder Professional will use the strategy main time frame.

3 (edited by Andreas7 2017-10-19 10:27:49)

footon wrote:

Are you doing it the other way round?

Of course not.

HI, just checked on my platform, everything works how it should. My guess is that you somehow mixed data/timezones. Or making simple mistake like using BarClosing exit, which do not have LTF. It would be nice if you include your problematic strategies and some screenshots.

5 (edited by Andreas7 2017-10-19 17:38:41)

Indeed, you have to be careful with the time zones. But really the difference was due Metaquotes/Broker Chart data. I checked data from Metaquotes (same Broker) and Data from Charts with that Broker. Some larger differences can be seen. It depends also on the Strategy of course. So once must test Broker chart data. I bet this counts in reality (this was also much better in test).

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → LTF Strategy to shorter time frame does not match at all ?