Topic: Optimize Options

Not sure if this has been proposed in the past, but would it be possible to Optimize by Win/Loss, Profit Factor, etc instead of Pip count?  Or at least have the option?

Re: Optimize Options

I support this .

My experiment shows that the win / loss factor can lead to a strategy with one deal with profit $0.01. In that case the win/loss factor is + infinity. If your strategy has 1000 profitable trades and one losing, the win/loss ratio will be immeasurable lower than + inf. So the program will never show a strategy with even 1 losing trade and all other strategies will be evaluated equally.

But maybe an option "Minimum Trades" similar to the Generator could be added, to prevent cases like this?

Take a look at "Adaptrade Builder" software please, this shows how to implement really great optimizing goals. I am sure this can be achieved in FSB as well.

Perhaps instead of strictly win/loss ratio, there may be another way to solve the problem when stated as: favor parameters where the equity balance goes somewhat consistently up, instead of a high ending balance but with high up and down swings.

Maybe an indirect approach could help, these are some of my ideas if they may be possible:
- parameter to set maximum number of allowed consecutive losses
- Fractal Dimension Indicator -- or some way to estimate the straightness vs. curviness of the equity line
- connect the peaks and troughs, then check how wide they are or ensure they have positive slopes

For a lot of my strategies, with enough data, the Equity line looks like a Forex chart. I wonder if it could be solved by applying trend detecting indicators to the Equity line?

thanks

The key is measuring deviation. High Net Profit with low deviation of the curve would be the best optimizing goal I guess.