forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Saving EA as Indicator ?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Saving EA as Indicator ?

Where is that feature gone ? It was an important feature. I cannot find it in latest FSB.
I am trial user and I want to test this. This is one reason for buying this feature. I hope
this EA as indicator can be applied easily in Trader on a chart within FSB. Any hints ?

smile

Re: Saving EA as Indicator ?

That was a feature on the legacy. Not in FSBPro

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Blaiserboy wrote:

That was a feature on the legacy. Not in FSBPro

Where can I get this Legacy ? Are you able to send me copy of it ? I am trial user
of FSB Pro but I am missing that important feature. Do you also know it was possible
to use this EA as indicator (for e.g. as overlay for capturing the bigger moves) for another EA
in Trader mode (real trading) ?

I remember that feature. To answer your question - no, it was not available for use in trading. It was simply a custom indicator, which had a date list of positions. So if a strategy and that custom strategy file gave signals for that same bar, position was opened.

footon wrote:

I remember that feature. To answer your question - no, it was not available for use in trading. It was simply a custom indicator, which had a date list of positions. So if a strategy and that custom strategy file gave signals for that same bar, position was opened.

I do not understand why this feature was gone in new FSB Pro. It should be meanwhile implemented in Trader mode too. Portfolio feature of EA Studio is nice, better also to have this on own PC, because of the large latency delay. But when someone is relying on portfolio curve it means relying on dependecies. The correlations of the single EAs. But instead of only adding positions with adding EAs. There should be filters possible where I can select / filter the equity curve of EA(s). Or use them for overlay trading and then trade smaller timeframes. That could be done in multiple steps to reduce overtrading. Is there a chance I can download Legacy version ? Just want to try this feature and hope it will be implemented in FSB Pro soon and ready for live trading in Trader mode.

You can search the worldwide web for the old version, couple of years back there were some available. Mind you, those were not the final version, so a bit critical in some parts due to few bugs, which were corrected afterwards.

One more thought. If your so-called filter EA has few, not too many indis and logical conditions and your trading strategy (which uses that filter EA) also, then you can just combine those strategies into one and have the same effect and live tradeability. That is really the only practical way to succeed in developing its use in live trading.

Andreas, the exported indicator was not a MQL indicator. It was a simple static signal map for only inside the legacy FSB.
As Footon said, this feature has no practical meaning now. Also, as he said, you can just add more indicators in your strategy and you will have the same effect. Even better, you can use it in Expert Advisors.

Popov wrote:

Andreas, the exported indicator was not a MQL indicator. It was a simple static signal map for only inside the legacy FSB.
As Footon said, this feature has no practical meaning now. Also, as he said, you can just add more indicators in your strategy and you will have the same effect. Even better, you can use it in Expert Advisors.

And how it is possible then to look at different time frames for trading in FSB Pro ? E.g. I have setup for EURUSD D1 or H4 and I want to trade M30 with that. Actually I do not know how to implement this in FSB Pro. Adding an indicator is not the same. How can I trade the Equity Curve of an EA in FSB Pro ? E.g. I want to apply a moving average on EAs P&L to stop it and trade it again. How can I do this ? It is important for me, I am trial user. If it is not implemented I cannot buy FSB Pro now.

Answer to your first question - https://forexsb.com/wiki/fsbpro_guide/i … time_frame

footon wrote:

Answer to your first question - https://forexsb.com/wiki/fsbpro_guide/i … time_frame

Thanks. Are there any Articles or Tutorials, videos about it ? I would like to see the implementation of a full longer term system as overlay for a short term system. So with some slots multiple such indicators must be checked with certain values. Is there any free example about this ?

Andreas, pardon my straightforwardness but you sound like you don't know yourself what kind of strategy you want to build. If you can provide how and what you want to achieve (trading rules and conditions), I can guide you through.

Maybe  get familiar with the build of the indicators, LTF is available in most.

Myself, I do not like to complex things....., I try to stay away from LTF.

If you detail clearly what you are trying to accomplish, I am sure that Footon will see a solution for you.

Probably best to design and build your own approach from scratch, that will offer you the best learning .  Start with a simple strategy, learn to use the features of the software, do not be in a rush.

I can tell you that I am still learning little bits and pieces on a daily basis, this software is very powerful and multi featured.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

13 (edited by Andreas7 2017-10-19 10:52:44)

Blaiserboy wrote:

Maybe  get familiar with the build of the indicators, LTF is available in most.

Myself, I do not like to complex things....., I try to stay away from LTF.

If you detail clearly what you are trying to accomplish, I am sure that Footon will see a solution for you.

Probably best to design and build your own approach from scratch, that will offer you the best learning .  Start with a simple strategy, learn to use the features of the software, do not be in a rush.

I can tell you that I am still learning little bits and pieces on a daily basis, this software is very powerful and multi featured.

That LTF feature can be a solution. But there is still a difference if you want to further test on price data again or on trade data from the other system, especially with some equity curve trading / management. Because with the less data you get faster and easier a solution, than e.g. looking on the whole (nearly unlimited) 1 min data to look further. Maybe as a modification on LTF it should be possible that only within the trades from the longer time frame the full shorter term data is considered. That would narrow down the data bars much more than it is actually. That would be a valuable time saving for optimizing the e-ratio.

smile

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Saving EA as Indicator ?