Re: FSB Pro Wish List - Requested features

Hi Guys,

Loving the software - in the spirit of improvement , a couple of suggestions:

1)  When looking at the repository, allow the down arrow button to go to the next strategy in the list (at the moment it changes the sorting method i.e Win/loss , Net return ect)

2)  Just add reactor to FSB  Pro smile   (or as a wish, just automate the multimarket step when generating strategies).

Thanks for this awesome software,

PT

I would add to DoCZero's wishlist:

When you delete a strategy from the Repository or when a new generated strategy is added, the list refreshes, causing it to scroll back up to the top of the list. This makes it extremely difficult to actively prune strategies from the list.

Beside Martingale tick box, Hedge tick box would be great.
(Loss recovery zone hedging algorithm)

Extract all strategies of an Collection . Now i must open all strategies from a collection and than save all. But it is better to extract all from the collection as i have been sorted.

380 (edited by zenoni 2017-10-13 20:52:13)

FSB Pro is a great tool. The only thing I am missing is a more advanced Week Closing option as a Closing logic condition. It is risky to hold the position over the weekend.

The week closing indicator should be smarter e.g. there should be an option to close the position at the end of the week only if it is either in profit or in loss.

This enables a smarter trade management to carry the profit to next week and close unprofitable trades.

There are available two indicators, but in general the options are quite limited.

Day of Week Exit - no EA support and it is not working correctly.
https://forexsb.com/repository/reposito … -week-exit

Exit Time - very good for the day-traders
https://forexsb.com/repository/reposito … /exit-time

Exit Time indicator should have the same optional feature to hold profitable positions and exit unprofitable positions.

381 (edited by zenoni 2017-10-13 21:03:01)

2-level stop-loss/trailing stop-loss management should be advanced.

1 level is a hidden or non visible stop-loss/trailing stop-loss feature. This is a logical stop-loss tracked and executed internally by the EA or FSB pro. 

2 level stop-loss is a visible hard stop loss as it is present in the current technology.

The idea is that the 1-level invisible stop-loss is much closer to the market price, and it is not seen by the broker or anyone else. 2-level stop loss is for the ultimate protection and is a far away from the market price.

Also similar hidden take-profit is needed.

382 (edited by zenoni 2017-10-13 21:03:49)

Break-even feature should be advanced for better trade management.

1. At the point when a stop-loss is set to the break-even then the trailing stop should be executed.

2. The second idea is to close partially the position when the stop-loss is set to the break-even. For example if I buy 0.3 lots then it is very wise to close 0.1 or 0.2 lots at the point of break-even and let the remaining 0.2 or 0.1 lots to gain extra profits.

The idea is to lock some profits and then let the residual profits to grow with the trailing stop-loss.

Hidden and partial take-profit feature is needed.

383 (edited by zenoni 2017-10-13 20:57:21)

In general I like to point out that you don't need a perfect entries to make a change. You can turn an average system to a profitable system with proper money and trade management.

Intelligent money and trade management features are the keys for the success, not perfect entries.

Trading the Equity Curve of ones EA (or Portfolio),
please add this feature. Actual one EA is created it does not
make sense to trade it all the time. So if I can backtest
trading the Equity Curve of this EA, only if permission is allowed
this EA should be traded. Even possible it is then also (if I might too),
to go short this EA. It should be easily implemented ready for Trader (mode) in FSB.
Thanks.

smile

Probably has been wished/requested before.

1. Max position sizing in % of account (not just lots). Is especially useful in EAs that constantly add/substract to a position.

2. TP and SL targets based on % of the underlying. So if we're trading an Index, this would enable us to set the SL 5% lower than the current value of the index (Index*0.95 would be the absolute SL value then).

386 (edited by Andreas7 2017-10-19 11:23:13)

An additional check option on LTF feature to a strong character is useful where it should be possible that only within the trades from the longer time frame the full shorter term data is considered. Actually LTF is only a suggestion as weak indicator, even with locking the corresponding slots, and all the data from shorter time frame is considered. Narrowing down reduces the amount of bar data and therefore easier handling to find better entries and exits within trades of the LTF indicators.

smile

Maybe an additional "Look" to the "Link", "Lock", mouse button option could be a solution, (maybe scissor as sign for "look" ?) where the data are cut to the corresponding LTF Trades.  So only the price data of shorter term bar interval is "looked" only, means between an entry and exit of ones LTF Trade for all the LTF trades. This can reduce the amount of bars dramatically for faster calculation with Generator then.

387 (edited by Andreas7 2017-10-21 14:23:44)

FSB Pro connection to Interactive Brokers please.

IB connection to FSB Pro would be great.
With http://www.tradingsoftwarelab.com/jtwsdata/ you can get data. I did not test realtime data from IB with that tool so far. And with https://trade-commander.com/mtibbridge/ you can trade from MT5 to IB.

But best is really a close connection to IB API with Trader from FSB Pro. Then a lot of more symbols could be evaluated for trading than with other brokers. Do not forget the financial strength of IB and therefore safety to trading, especially in Forex it is a serious matter.

[E.g. FXCM is going down after very hefty fine, look also at the traded stock from them. You should not trust them anymore in my opinion, your money may be not safe at FXCM anymore, this would be a major drawback in Forex industry again after Refco , MFGlobal; ATC Brokers used FXCM and they are gone too.]
https://financefeeds.com/nfa-seeks-keep … se-public/
https://www.nfa.futures.org/news/newsRe … cleID=4786
http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quickc … 0&y=10

388 (edited by Andreas7 2017-11-10 14:12:56)

Please add Logscale and Selection features.

I am missing logscale and measures for logscale optimizing in FSB Pro.
Say you only want to invest X amount and divide the prices though X to get number of the instrument.
Then you have logscale. It is useful for any instrument which has high volatility in prices especially on longterm analysis.

I am also missing something important, which is not available yet. Say you want to examine not when to trade (timing),
but what to trade (selection), then you need that logscale feature (X amount as said before) and switch between different
instruments for optimizing. Then you a model which says at that time you should be long that instrument and then you should be long on another instrument etc. for example.
I know it is not a trivial task, just to say I would love such a feature of selection. E.g. invest in the right pairs, or right sectors, right indices, right asset classes to the right time. E.g. you expect a move in a certain instrument, why you should spend your capital or any risk amount on other instruments, while it is better to concentrate on that instruments where a larger move is expected (which is found out by selection). These are advantages what you would have with a selection feature.

Thank you.

Hello Popov,

In the system statistics - I would love to have a Risk to Reward Ratio

The goal would be also to have a filter on this - so I could set it to look for systems that are returning high multiples of the risk

smile

Hi
FSB back tester is GREAT. Is there a way that the report generated for back tester be in the html format (same as MT4) as there are tools out there that can do better analysis on back testing results.
This would eliminate the need to backtest on MT4 and then export the report for analysis. Maybe the same for EA studio. A report of backtesting would be great to analyse the results.
Thanks

Is there a way that the report generated for back tester be in the html format (same as MT4

It is a good idea. Thank you for positing it here.

I was playing around with another software, I think the addition of the stats showing on what days of the week and months a strategy performs well would be amazing. Would save time of having to go through all the trades to find out that Sundays and Mondays might be killing the profits.

Breadmaker wrote:

I was playing around with another software, I think the addition of the stats showing on what days of the week and months a strategy performs well would be amazing. Would save time of having to go through all the trades to find out that Sundays and Mondays might be killing the profits.

Yes I totally agree. 

If I can zoom in to know when my strategy win/loss then I'll know it's strengths and weaknesses and thus add in some extra filters to improve the EA further to deal with certain market conditions/periods where it faced it's greatest DD.

394 (edited by hannahis 2017-12-26 08:52:15)

FSB Pro Collection features

Popov is it possible to make the Collection folder to automatically add file numbers/names to each individual strategy.

Ever since I'm getting better results from the Optimisation tools, I've been using it more and find myself spending lots of time saving and naming each individual strategy one by one.

What I wish is that I can click a button and these files will automatically "exported" 1) either as FSB file or 2) exported as MT4 EA and these files are save individually by default according to it's ranking number.  For example the 1st ranked EA will have file name 1, and 2nd ranked EA file name 2 etc

Then all I need to do is to use the software (Bulk Rename Utility Software) https://forexsb.com/forum/post/47885/#p47885 to rename the files according to my preference which is also suited to be use in Portfolio Maker.

Or even better, after I've deleted any of the Strategies in the Collection, this Collection file by itself is a Portfolio whereby I can just attached it in MT4 and run these strategies directly from the collection file.  Such as click a button and it creates a Portfolio File automatically with these compiled EA.

In this manner I don't need to
1. Save and name every strategy individually
2. I don't need to open it in FSB to export them as MT4
3. Then put them into Portfolio Maker to compile them into 1 EA
4. Then install it in MT4

So if FSB Pro Collection file is also a Portfolio File that compile these EA into a Portfolio to be run directly in MT4, I would have saved the time and energy in the steps mentioned above.  If you are consider this "all in one step", then do add in this function whereby I indicate the 1st file number and the FSB will automatically follow the sequence.

Such as if I indicate that the 1st file name is 1712001, then if there are 50 EA in the collection, then the file names generated will be from 1712001 to 1712050

This function is to prevent different collection files' strategies sharing the same file names becos if I have 3 collections, then there will be 3 strategies with file names starting as 1 (if the automatic function is to name the strategies according to their ranking).  Then I can't run these strategies from different collection/portfolio at the same time because they will have the same magic number. 

But if you are skipping this "all in one" step and instead add the function to automatically export these strategies to either FSB Pro or MT4 directly, then it doesn't matter if you don't have this extra function to specify the starting strategy name (still it's good if you have), cos I can still use the Bulk Renaming Utility software to do it if you skip this step.

Kindly consider this function as many users are using Generator/Optimizer and hence this automatic file
naming system and exporting these to FSB or MT4 directly would be a great time saver.

hannahis wrote:

FSB Pro Collection features

Popov is it possible to make the Collection folder to automatically add file numbers/names to each individual strategy.

Ever since I'm getting better results from the Optimisation tools, I've been using it more and find myself spending lots of time saving and naming each individual strategy one by one.

What I wish is that I can click a button and these files will automatically "exported" 1) either as FSB file or 2) exported as MT4 EA and these files are save individually by default according to it's ranking number.  For example the 1st ranked EA will have file name 1, and 2nd ranked EA file name 2 etc

Then all I need to do is to use the software (Bulk Rename Utility Software) https://forexsb.com/forum/post/47885/#p47885 to rename the files according to my preference which is also suited to be use in Portfolio Maker.

Or even better, after I've deleted any of the Strategies in the Collection, this Collection file by itself is a Portfolio whereby I can just attached it in MT4 and run these strategies directly from the collection file.  Such as click a button and it creates a Portfolio File automatically with these compiled EA.

In this manner I don't need to
1. Save and name every strategy individually
2. I don't need to open it in FSB to export them as MT4
3. Then put them into Portfolio Maker to compile them into 1 EA
4. Then install it in MT4

So if FSB Pro Collection file is also a Portfolio File that compile these EA into a Portfolio to be run directly in MT4, I would have saved the time and energy in the steps mentioned above.  If you are consider this "all in one step", then do add in this function whereby I indicate the 1st file number and the FSB will automatically follow the sequence.

Such as if I indicate that the 1st file name is 1712001, then if there are 50 EA in the collection, then the file names generated will be from 1712001 to 1712050

This function is to prevent different collection files' strategies sharing the same file names becos if I have 3 collections, then there will be 3 strategies with file names starting as 1 (if the automatic function is to name the strategies according to their ranking).  Then I can't run these strategies from different collection/portfolio at the same time because they will have the same magic number. 

But if you are skipping this "all in one" step and instead add the function to automatically export these strategies to either FSB Pro or MT4 directly, then it doesn't matter if you don't have this extra function to specify the starting strategy name (still it's good if you have), cos I can still use the Bulk Renaming Utility software to do it if you skip this step.

Kindly consider this function as many users are using Generator/Optimizer and hence this automatic file
naming system and exporting these to FSB or MT4 directly would be a great time saver.

I am fully agree with you.

Popov,hope you will consider that

Navigation:
when you go to the Indicator Chart panel you see the beginning of the trade and not the end.

Post's attachments

FSBP_1 DG.JPG 137.49 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I seem to have already read it, a long time ago, but I do not find it.
Add in the EA code the magic number of the EA, in the central screen, under Position / Flat / Long etc.

I do not really like the grids, but instead of opening a whole lot in a fixed position, I prefer to divide it in 2/3 times, to recover any DD.

The problem with how FSB works now is to open more orders at the same price.
Little importance is that the historian shows him profitable in the current mode.
With a control over the distance of orders, I have more choice to evaluate and decide.

Improve the analysis of various strategies with an analytical comparison as an image.
Or with graphic analysis as other solutions already have.

Post's attachments

FSBP_2 DG.JPG
FSBP_2 DG.JPG 103.74 kb, 2 downloads since 2018-02-12 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

400 (edited by mw 2018-08-01 11:27:09)

Dear Mr. Popov,

It would be great if you could add the Return / Drawdown ratio to FSB Pro as an acceptance criteria / filter just like in EAS

Best regards,

mw