1 (edited by krog 2010-07-05 21:45:06)

Topic: New Indicators - Bar Range Oscillator and Drawn

Removing this indicator -- does not work properly.

Re: New Indicators - Bar Range Oscillator and Drawn

Bar Range Drawn - does not affect entry or exiting, only for visualization. For entry/exiting, use FSB's Bar Range. Or if you have an idea of how to make use it, feel free to post; I'm sure it has more potential than what I've done with it.

Bar Range Oscillator - allows for rising, falling, and higher or lower than the level line.
Within the lookback period, if the bar hits/pushes the upper range, it's added to the up count. If it hits/pushes the lower range, it's added to the down count.

Histogram = (count of bars moving range up) - (count of bars moving range down)

Possible Interpretations:
Ex 1: Bar Range rises, and Bar Range Oscillator rises: price is breaking upwards out of a range

Ex 2: Bar Range rises, and Bar Range Oscillator rises: price is breaking downwards out of a range

Ex 3: Bar Range falls, and Bar Range Oscillator falls: price is failing to make new highs, uptrend could be running out

Ex 4: Bar Range stays mostly the same, and Bar Range Oscillator remains high: uptrend continuing with new highs being made

There may be other interpretations; feel free to comment, these are only my humble guesses. I hope you find these indicators helpful.

Hello:

I see error in indicator.

http://s3.postimage.org/gSk2S.jpg

Thank you very much, Jaime.

Thanks for pointing that out -- I think I've got it fixed, I've reattached the zip to the first post with an updated file for that indicator.

5 (edited by krog 2010-07-05 21:43:15)

Removing this indicator -- does not work properly.

6 (edited by Acic 2010-05-08 18:14:47)

Im  getting some strange results when i use the BarRangeBands.cs with another indicator.
Like  when we choose the "Opening Point":  "BAR OPENING"

Thanks for noting a problem. I didn't test it out much with many of the other indicators, so I am sure there will be several strange results or indicators it does not work with.
As for using the Open with Bar Range Bands, it is very possible it is not a useful case. For example, you know the Opens when you backtest, so BRB may give some signals; however, in the real world, it would not work because the Open is not known until it happens.

I'd like to see your problem to verify it's not the indicator as I have coded it. Could you post your strategy? Then I'll be able to take a look at it and give some feedback.

How to post strategy:
1. Create a strategy that produces the strange results.
2. Save new strategy as "BRB_strange_results".
3. Go to your install folder, probably something like "C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder\Strategies"
4. Copy "BRB_strange_results.xml" to your desktop (or somewhere easy to find)
5. Submit a comment
6. Edit your comment
7. Look for "Attachments" field, next to it click "Browse..." button
8. Find and select "BRB_strange_results.xml"
9. Click "Add file" button

Then, I'll be able to run your strategy and investigate the strange results. It would help a lot too if you could describe the strange results, then I will know what to look for.

Thanks !!

Thanks!

Hello Krog and footon

Where is the Bar Range Osc

Regards

ahmedalhoseny wrote:

Hello Krog and footon

Where is the Bar Range Osc

Regards

I got no idea... Maybe in Krog's recycle bin.