forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Opening position after a specified time of current bar

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Opening position after a specified time of current bar

Is it possible to open position after a specified time of opening bar?
I mean to open position i.e 5 minutes after opening current bar and for the next bars, the same delay.
In short, opening positions with some defined delays after opening.

Re: Opening position after a specified time of current bar

No, in current state this is not possible. If you have very strict entry time in mind (one or two times a day), then you can try building your strat on lower TF with LTF function and adding Entry Time indicator with that exact entry time.

I explain it more because maybe i wasn't clear. I don't have strict timing perday,  but i want to open position not immediately aftet opening bar,  but with 5 minutes after opening each bar.
Is it possible?

No, it is not possible.

Ok,  thanks,  i have another question.  Is it possible to find out for each current bar that firstly low occurs or high? i mean after opening new bar,  at first it goes up or down.  Is there any way to find it out?

Use Bar Explorer.

https://forexsb.com/wiki/fsbpro_guide/bar_explorer

7 (edited by korchinskiy.ilya 2017-10-20 08:59:37)

I have the same problem. My strategy should open position on D1 BAR OPENING, but my broker has rollover at 00-00 for 1-2 minutes. So, order doesn't open, because Market is closed. We can't do anything, can we? ((
I need some little delay after BAR OPENING....

I've planed to find some solution for the problem. It is possible to make the EA checking for "market close" and to postpone the entry.

I'll make tests.

It would be great!
I can't to overcome my broker.
So, I've tested strategies on DEMO account for 4 months, and they were good. But now I set them on REAL account, and this 2 minute rollover broke them (((

Mr Popov, did you find a solution for the problem?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Opening position after a specified time of current bar