Topic: Generator vs Reactor

Hello everybody,
Can somebody maybe explain what the difference is between the Generator and the Reactor.
I went through the Help section, but I couldnt find it.

Thanks,

Re: Generator vs Reactor

qattack and Popov wrote:

The Generator is the same as the Reactor, minus steps 4-7 (Optimization, All data validation, MC validation, and Multi-Market validation).

The reactor collects only strategies that pass all the turned on validation tools.

I'm starting a long video series for EA studio these days. It will cover all tools.

Stay tuned!

footon wrote:
qattack and Popov wrote:

The Generator is the same as the Reactor, minus steps 4-7 (Optimization, All data validation, MC validation, and Multi-Market validation).

The reactor collects only strategies that pass all the turned on validation tools.

Ok clear, thanks

So the Reactor is, the Generator, plus optimization, validation, mc, and multi-market...

thanks

Popov wrote:

I'm starting a long video series for EA studio these days. It will cover all tools.

Stay tuned!

Would be great, thanks!

footon wrote:
qattack and Popov wrote:

I run the reactor with a certain criteria, and means all strategies going into the collection box are optimized, but after opening a strategy and run optimize, still the strategy gets changed, while the reactor normally did this step already, i do something wrong?

thanks

kind regards

Do you have optimizer selected? Do you run optimizer in both with equal settings? Do you run it on the same data?

footon wrote:

Do you have optimizer selected? Do you run optimizer in both with equal settings? Do you run it on the same data?

thanks, optimizer was de-selected by default :-)