Topic: Question about Take Profit (TP)

Within the 'Strategy Properties' section I can specify a TP.  Also, the generator allows me to specify Take Profit as a Closing Logic Condition.  How exactly does this work?  Does one TP take priority over the other?  Do you always use the smaller value?  Or larger value?

Perhaps I'm missing something, but it seems like if I specify a TP in the 'Strategy Properties' then the generator shouldn't choose Take Profit as a Closing Logic Condition.  Actually -- I'm not sure the generator does choose it -- only that when I'm doing things manually I can choose Take Profit as a Closing Logic Condition and the back testing results often times improve.  So then it appears the strategy ignores the TP specified in the 'Strategy Properties' section.

Re: Question about Take Profit (TP)

When you set TP (or SL, Trailing Stop...) in both places, the strategy executes the nearest.

The generator has special algorithm for choosing indicators for the different slots. however it is not perfect now. I'm going to improve it further. I'm planning to start working on it from October 1st and to publish several new releases in teh comming months.

Hi Popov

I'm interested to understand how the algorithm work in choosing indicators for different slots.

In fact I'm curious how the optimization's algorithm work as well cos I have my own theory how I would like to optimize my EA.

Such as optimize the indicators with the...

1) highest time frame 1st eg if I have many time frames, optimize, the indicator that uses the highest time frame such as D1 or H4, then follow by

2) The highest parameter in the highest time frame if there are 2 same D1 time frames

3) Next move down to the 2nd highest time frame and choose the highest parameter used for that time frame.  etc

Also when during optimization, start optimizing the highest time frame 1st (while "eliminating" the other rules but add them on layer by layer cos if you optimize one and leave the other rules in the equation, it will affect the "dynamism" of the results)

if you are interested to discuss further, I'm happy to add my 2 cents worth of ideas and you decide what make sense to you and discard whatever you think is illogical.  But at least I'm approaching it from a trader's perspective and coming for one who have been developing most of my EA "manually".

Popov wrote:

When you set TP (or SL, Trailing Stop...) in both places, the strategy executes the nearest.

Thanks for your response.  It's not a problem for me -- I was mostly wondering how it works and now I have a better understanding.