Topic: New Indicators: Higher Time Frame Indicators Set

EDIT
The following indicators have serious errors. They should not be used.
Use Wider Time Frame (WTF) Indicators instead.
/EDIT

THE NEWEST WIDER TIMEFRAME INDICATORS CAN BE FOUND HERE:http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/2438/wid … ndicators/

Higher Time Frame Indicators is a collection of indicators that allows us to plot higher time frame indicators value to the current time frame. For an example: you can plot 1 week time frame of Accelerator Oscillator indicator on 1 day time frame chart or 1 hour time frame of William Percentage indicator on 5 minute time frame chart. So this indicator is very useful if you are going to build multi time frame or multi period strategy.

http://s4.postimage.org/o3CNS.jpg

First you have to select chart's time frame data, and then apply the HTF indicators and set the higher time frame reference as shown on the picture above. Primary option for HTF indicator are:
- Plot full HTF bar checkbox: which allow you to choose full bar data simulation or intra bar data.
- Use previous bar value: which allow you to choose previous bar value or latest bar value. As special note here: if you select the full bar data then previous bar value is a previous bar on the higher time frame, and if you select the intra bar data then previous bar value is previous bar on the chart's time frame.

Attached are the HTF Indicator Ver 3.0.0 which contains 39 original indicators such as: Accelerator Oscillator, William Percentage Range, CCI, ADX etc.

Rgds
Denny Imanuel
imanuel.denny@gmail.com

Post's attachments

HTF Indicators - Original Ver 3.0.0.zip 150.21 kb, 346 downloads since 2010-02-23 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: New Indicators: Higher Time Frame Indicators Set

How does the Higher Time Frame (HTF) indicators works?

HTF indicators is basically an indicator that simulate or using the current time frame bars to reconstruct the higher time frame bars. The data being generated is synchronized with the time stamp on each bar of the data, for example 1 week higher time frame data which generated from 1 day time frame consist of 5 bars which start from monday and end on friday. The data regenerated have the advantage of faster calculation as compared to directly upload the original higher time frame data. This time synchronization is a new features added in the HTF version 3.0.0. HTF indicators works in both FSB and FST even though currently FST is only support current time frame bars.

HTF indicators is basically can be integrated with any kind of indicators. Here I attached a basic source code template for building your own HTF version indicators/strategy. This is an empty indicators which provide visualization of how the higher time frame bar is being reconstructed.

http://s3.postimage.org/EYiES.jpg

Rgds.
Denny Imanuel
imanuel.denny@gmail.com

Post's attachments

HTF Strategy Template.cs 17 kb, 189 downloads since 2010-02-23 

New Features added on HTF Version 3.0.0:

- Time synchronization: the reconstruction of the bar is using the time synchronization calculation which means the reconstructed higher time frame's bar is using the actual time stamp.
- Correction on the previous bar calculation: if full bar data is selected then the previous bar calculation is using the previous higher time frame bar, and if intra bar data is selected then the previous bar calculation is using the previous current time frame bar.
- Additional of 39 originals indicators, and the next custom higher time frame indicators will be added soon.

Please could you make also a HTF version of the Parabolic Sar indicator.

This is wonderful, thanks zuijaideai!

thanks zuijaideai!
BUT WE CANT  DO   OPTIMIZER FOR THE  INDICATORS 

How can solve the problem
For the best result

Thanks again for the effort

HTF Indicators Ver 3.1.0

New Indicators added in this version (Total 48 Indicators):
- HTF Parabolic SAR
- HTF Adaptive Stochastic
- HTF Amplified William
- HTF Ehlers Filter
- HTF Ergodic Indicator
- HTF Fishy Turbo
- HTF Laguerre
- HTF Linear Regression Slope
- HTF Vortex Indicators
etc.

Post's attachments

HTF Indicator - Original Ver 3.1.0.zip 185.62 kb, 220 downloads since 2010-03-02 

indicators message error in menu->tools->Custom indicators -> Check the custom indicators.

http://s2.postimage.org/gZ2Ci.jpg

http://s4.postimage.org/Ky_m0.jpg

Thank you very much, Jaime.

Thanks
You are intelligent
This beautiful idea
-------------------------
I will try to test it

HTF Indicator Ver 3.1.1

In this version some of the bugs on the following indicators are fixed. Thanks Jaimeque for the detailed bugs report.

- HTF Alligator
- HTF Ballance of Power
- HTF Ergodic
- HTF Fishy Turbo
- HTF MACD Histogram

Post's attachments

HTF Indicators - Bug Fixed Ver 3.1.1.zip 188.48 kb, 209 downloads since 2010-03-03 

Hi FOX00,

You can do the parameter optimization for these HTF indicators the same like the current time frame indicators. However I didn't suggest this HTF indicators being used as a standalone indicator. It must be used in pairs with current time frame indicator.

Rgds
Denny

FOX000 wrote:

thanks zuijaideai!
BUT WE CANT  DO   OPTIMIZER FOR THE  INDICATORS 

How can solve the problem
For the best result

Thanks again for the effort

These indicators are working well
With  Forex Strategy Builder and  Forex Strategy Trader
I think, success in Trade depends on time frames
thanks
------------
I wish you more success
We wish to see more solutions in the future

hello
the box is gray and I can not check.
can you tell me what I should do
thank you

hello
- Use previous bar value: which allow you to choose previous bar value or latest bar value. As special note here: if you select the full bar data then previous bar value is a previous bar on the higher time frame, and if you select the intra bar data then previous bar value is previous bar on the chart's time frame.
thank you
http://s3.postimage.org/d4dLA.jpg

http://s4.postimage.org/2tA39.jpg

could you make  a HTF version of the pivot point   indicator
that show higher time frame   in the small one
It's important
Because it represents the resistance and support

16 (edited by MaxB 2010-03-11 17:29:43)

ON BALANCE VOLUME (HTF) REPAINTS if used in a 1 minute chart.

Please ignore the above.  I'm still attempting to work out why the strategy created in FXB isn't reconciling to the trades placed via FXT.

Okay.  I think there is a problem with the  BALANCE VOLUME (HTF) custom indicator.  The signals that are posted to my demo account do not reconcile back to FXB whenever the  BALANCE VOLUME (HTF) is used.

If you look at the journal positions you will notice that the last several entries are completely different.
http://s4.postimage.org/h7_l0.jpg

I'm not sure why. 

http://s3.postimage.org/tDhV9.jpg

Hi Corsica,

You can uncheck the Auto control of "previous bar value" under strategy menu. Then you will be able to use last bar value. But keep in mind that if you uncheck this value the FSB backtesting result generally will produce "amazing" result. However this result will drive you crazy when you are testing on FST using demo account. Why? Because last bar is a dynamic bar which always changing it's value every single tick. So if we use this as the basis for indicator calculation, the indicator value will changes as well on the last bar. So it will produce misleading or false exit and false entry signal. This false signal will drain out your balance fast in FST, eventhough it looks good in FSB.

Best Regard
Denny Imanuel

corsica wrote:

hello

18 (edited by MaxB 2010-03-12 13:38:21)

Hi Denny,
  Thanks for making the HTF CIs available.  I'm still experiencing problems using the CIs in that the perfromance in FXB is great but in FXT is poor with many false exits and exits on the same bar as the entry.  And the On Balance Volume (HTF) repaints on the FXT & FXB.

Auto control is checked.  I'd appreciate your guidance.

Thanks

Please be careful when using the HTF custom indicators.  They give great backtest results but many of them  actually repaint (similar to the Fibonacci indicator) and are therefore not suitable (IMHO) for real time trading.

HTF indicators give various results in real trading. I usually do not use more than one HTF indicators within the strategy. By the way, with some limitations you can simulate higer time frames on the standard indicators, please read this post: http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/729/can- … imeframes/

MaxB wrote:

Please be careful when using the HTF custom indicators.  They give great backtest results but many of them  actually repaint (similar to the Fibonacci indicator) and are therefore not suitable (IMHO) for real time trading.

21 (edited by MaxB 2010-03-15 14:47:00)

zenoni wrote:

HTF indicators give various results in real trading. I usually do not use more than one HTF indicators within the strategy. By the way, with some limitations you can simulate higer time frames on the standard indicators, please read this post: http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/729/can- … imeframes/

MaxB wrote:

Thanks Zenoni,
  I'm still experimenting with the HTF indies.  I only ever use one of them and am yet to achieve stable results when RT demo trading.  I'm using small TF (1,5,15) so I'm not sure if this is having a bearing on stability but what is a concern is that the last 25 or so back test journal results sometimes change after the data has been refreshed.

I'll review the topic that you posted.

The downside to the HTF indicators is that alot of new users (perhaps maybe new to forex trading) may use them because sufficient caveats haven't been made about them.

The simulation of HTF indicators isn't a viable solution because ideally what a trader wants is a static levels between the HTF period.  So for a 4 hour HTF one would desire the closing value of a given indicator at the end of the time segment and the opening value of a given indicator at the open of a new time segment.   

In the spreadsheet below there is a 60 HTF for the 5min GU.  A HTF frame indiy should only be concern with the opening and closing figure for that time segment.  So one would end up with 12 identical numbers (in the case of a 5min series with a 60 min HTF indy) instead of a constantly oscillating number (even if the oscillation is very small).  At the moment the FXSB HTF indy value constanly change (even if 'plot a full HTF bar' is selected)  as new tick data is received.  This is obviously going to lead to false exit, entries and whatever else when applied to real-time trading.  I can't think of a work around so I have now just deleted the HTF indies so that they're not picked up by the strategy generator. 

Maybe my logic is flawed so parhaps Denny can set me straight as it seems a pity to have to abandon such promising indicators.

Max
http://s3.postimage.org/HHs1A.jpg

Hi zuijaideai,
   Where did your reply go?  I saw it here a minute ago.    yikes

Anyway, here are a couple of screenshots of the Money Flow HTF.  You can see quite clearly that last 7-10 bars have repainted which also repainted the associated signals. 

http://s2.postimage.org/rzg0.jpg

http://s4.postimage.org/tEwr9.jpg

Hi MaxB,

I got what you mean. You are right. The correct HTF indicator should be "staircase" shaped. If not then the false entry and exit might be generated. I'm still figuring out how to correct these HTF code because there are limitation on the FSB and FST base class. What I'm currently thinking is using the filter method to extract only the closing value of the HTF indicator only. Second possible things is to extract the HTF segment, compress it to single bar, perform indicator calculation and then decompress back the value from single bar to many bars. It will be quite a lot changes in the coding.  Thanks for your analysis and feedback. I hope I got time to do this correction.

Rgds,
Denny

zuijaideai wrote:

Hi MaxB,

I got what you mean. You are right. The correct HTF indicator should be "staircase" shaped. If not then the false entry and exit might be generated. I'm still figuring out how to correct these HTF code because there are limitation on the FSB and FST base class. What I'm currently thinking is using the filter method to extract only the closing value of the HTF indicator only. Second possible things is to extract the HTF segment, compress it to single bar, perform indicator calculation and then decompress back the value from single bar to many bars. It will be quite a lot changes in the coding.  Thanks for your analysis and feedback. I hope I got time to do this correction.

Rgds,
Denny

Hi D,
   Your welcome.  If you require me to do the testing for you then let me know.

I think there is a third possibility.   

If (previous value)  <= or >= (previous value + (previous value * X%))  then (New Value) else (previous value)

Then make X% an optimisible value.  The change of value of the HTF are VERY small unless the change takes place at the time border (if HTF is for 60 minutes then the time border would be on the hour) so by only being concern with the % difference from previous value it simplifies the coding and also adds value because the % difference contains additional info' in its own right.   I hope that makes sense.-

HTF Indicator Set Ver 4.0.0 - Original

Hi All,

Finally the new HTF Indicators appears again after long waiting time. Currently the indicator undergone major transform especially on the calculation method. I have fixed up the small oscillating value which resulting in false entry/exit signal. Now the indicators comes with perfect staircase signal. However currently only original set of indicators is released, the custom indicators will be released soon as well.

New Features:
- Comes with all 47 original indicators.
- Major fix on the continuous signal produced by indicators, now all indicators produces staircase signal, in order to avoid false signal.
- Fixed on the repainting calculation. To avoid repaint use previous bar data.
- Some original band indicator: Ichimoku Band, Starc Band, Steady Band, Bollinger band etc. now has the HTF version
- Some indicator based on dot plotting has additional higher bar visualization: Parabolic Sars, Heiken Ashi etc.

Please check for the next blog to download the HTF Essential Indicators (HTF Bar Opening & HTF Bar Closing), as well as HTF Custom Indicator.

Best Regards
Denny Imanuel
imanuel.denny@gmail.com

Post's attachments

HTF Indicator - Original Ver 4.0.0.zip 184.39 kb, 320 downloads since 2010-04-02